T1International is a non-profit run by people with and impacted by type 1 diabetes for people with type 1 diabetes. We do not accept funding from the pharmaceutical industry or any medical device manufacturer to maintain our independence and ability to speak out freely.
T1International is leading the charge in the fight for affordable insulin and supplies worldwide. We believe in a world where everyone with type 1 diabetes has the opportunity to thrive, with affordable and sustainable access to the medicine and supplies they need. We are currently a UK registered Charity that operates globally, and have already achieved great things with a small team, many of whom are volunteers. You can find out more about our values and ethos at our website.
This is an exciting time to join T1International. Thanks to significant grant funding, we are now in a position to grow our US team and expand our US work. We are setting up a 501(c)(3) and planning to hire a team of 5-10 people over the next two years, while continuing to build our non-US work in the UK.
About the role
The central role of the Fundraising and Development Officer will manage and support a wide range of fundraising activities in our small, rapidly growing charity. The main aim is to support the Executive Director to grow a sustainable funding base. The Fundraising and Development Officer will devise and implement a fundraising strategy of income-generating activities, aiming to meet or surpass the income target set.
This position will be home based in the UK, but we expect the Officer to be available to travel when required to attend meetings, fundraising functions or to meet major donors or their representatives. This role reports directly to and works with the Executive Director.
- Devise a fundraising strategy to be approved by the Executive Director
- Work to achieve or exceed fundraising targets
- Co-ordinate and manage fundraising across the organisation including community/individual donors, trusts, corporates, major donors and digital fundraising
- Carry out all fundraising administration including managing donation platforms and inputting hundreds of donations into the database
- Support regular givers with specific communication and work to bring in new regular donors
- Manage and motivate volunteers who engage in fundraising activities
- Devise and organise fundraising campaigns for the organization
- Build relationships with high profile and high net worth individuals as potential donors to the organisation
- Communicate with key donors about strategy and prepare reports for them
- Build relationships with charitable trusts, foundations and other institutional funders
- Write funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations
- Attend networking events and meetings with potential donors
- Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising progress to the Executive Director and the board of Trustees
- Has a track record of up to 3 years successful fundraising in the charity sector
- Has a passion for patient issues and the need to bring the patient voice to the forefront
- Experience of a wide range of fundraising activities (including public fundraising) and proven success of substantial income generation
- Shows good knowledge of the principles of fundraising from trusts and foundations and experience in soliciting funds from these sources
- Has previous experience in preparing multiple funding application forms and writing detailed and compelling proposals
- Demonstrates excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Has extremely strong organizational skills, both on and offline, and pays great attention to detail
- Exhibits exceptional organisational and project management skills with the ability to prioritise and deal with a variety of tasks
- Is able to demonstrate some experience of social media and digital marketing
- Is able to prioritize, work independently with deadlines and weekly goals, think critically, and problem-solve with good, independent judgement; is a quick learner
- Works effectively as a member of a team and communicates regularly
- Excels with Microsoft Office tools, Google Drive, and online communication platforms
Terms of Appointment
- The role will be home-based at approximately 20 hours per week
- The role requires flexibility as meetings and calls can be scheduled with volunteers on weekends and weeknights
- The role may require domestic travel
- £37,000 per year pro rata
To apply, please visit our website and send the following to Executive Director, Elizabeth Rowley:
1. Resume (2 pages max)
2. Cover Letter addressing person specifications (2 pages max)
3. Two writing samples. They should be:
- a thank you email or letter to a donor
- a fundraising proposal/bid you have written in the past
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.