Role - Children's & Young People's Support Worker
Contract Type - Permanent Part Time
Salary - £10,020 per annum (£24,300 per annum pro rata plus £750 per annum Home Working Allowance pro rata)
Hours - 14 Hours per Week over 2 Days
Location - Homebased with required to travel throughout Northumberland and Teeside and surrounding areas
As a ‘not for profit’ organisation, TACT puts the needs of our children and carers first and look to appoint individuals who are as passionate about fostering as we are. We know that we cannot provide exceptional levels of care without our staff which is why we prioritise their wellbeing. As a homeworking organisation, we pride ourselves on our flexible working opportunities, an extensive wellbeing programme and our benefits package, all curated to support a healthy work life balance for all our staff.
As a foster care charity, TACT invests all surplus income into services, staff, carers, and child development. This means that we have been able to invest unique projects like TACT Connect, our ground-breaking scheme for care experienced young people and adults, our expanding TACT Education Service and our newly established Health Service.
It is not surprising that in October 2021 the Times 100 Best Companies Survey evidenced “outstanding” levels of engagement amongst our staff and that we are currently listed as 16th in the UK’s Best Mid-Sized Companies across all industries and the 4th Best Charity to work for in 2022. Come and join us and be part of our amazing team of professionals whose vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
TACT offer an excellent employee benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working arrangements (including compressed hours, flexibility around core hours, volunteer days policy).
- Family friendly policies.
- Homeworking ‘bundle’ including annual allowance of £750, IT equipment and a loan for home office set up.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice) and life insurance from day one.
- Employee Assistance Programme (including free CBT counselling, remote GP appointments, physiotherapy, mental health support and second opinions).
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities.
The Children & Young People Support Worker Role is required to work closely with the Yorkshire and NE Team and looked after children, the birth children of foster carers and our foster carers to achieve agreed objectives for excellent care as outlined in the respective National Minimum Standards or their equivalents.
Key duties for this Support Worker Role will include:
- Being an accessible point of contact for the children living with our carers and out to our young people to make them aware of the facilities and opportunities available through TACT
- Provision of interventions and activities to ensure stable placement arrangements
- Arranging and taking part in children’s in-person, virtual and occasional residential events for children and carers
- Involvement in participation work with children and young people including attendance at national participation groups
- The ideal candidate will bring knowledge of therapeutic work, supporting children’s mental health, substance misuse issues, sexual health, CSE, CCE, preparing for independence or some aspects of these issues.
An Enhanced DBS clearance is required and will be processed by TACT on your behalf.
Please see the Job Information Pack and Job Description for further information.
Closing: Midnight – Sunday 26th June 2022
Interviews: Tuesday 5th July 2022 (via Microsoft Teams)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.