Salary: up to £21,000 per annum
Permanent - Full Time
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs and language training.
The Academic Services Officer Role
The Academic Services Officer (ASO) is a critical member of the College team in the administration of the key aspects of the student academic life cycle. Providing highly responsive and pro-active monitoring of student participation and engagement in their studies, the ASO will assist the Director of Academic and Student Services (DASS) in the implementation and delivery of effective timetabling, examination and student attendance systems and processes.
The ASO will support all policies and regulations as they relate to the learning and teaching environment, ensuring each student has the appropriate academic appraisal points and learning experience. Supporting front line Academic Teaching Staff through each College semester will be an important part of the ASO role, from distributing Academic Teaching Staff contracts, schedules and induction to a range of on programme academic support services.
Requirements for the Academic Services Officer position
* Degree with 3 years' work experience within an academic environment
* Academic experience in an HE education focused environment
* Possess knowledge and understanding of the Home Office Tier 4 regulations, CMA and the QAA's Code of Practice
* Have the ability to communicate with staff and students from a diverse range of cultural and educational backgrounds
* Good verbal and written English language communication skills
* Possess an excellent data analysis and management skills( Excel)
* Good team-working skills
* Good understanding of the importance of file management (including electronic files)
* Be able to prioritise duties, and seek clarification and guidance from manager when faced with competing priorities
* Demonstrate sound knowledge of equal opportunity, equity and workplace health and safety principles and ability to implement them at the strategic and/or operational level
For further information about this role, please read the attached information sheet.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis. BCUIC is a safeguarding employer and the successful applicant will be required to undergo a DBS check.
What we offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is a values driven and an equal opportunity employer. BCUIC reserve the right to fill the position by invitation.
If you feel that you are suitable for our Academic Services Officer position, please apply now.