Debt Free South West (previously known as Money Advice West) is the South West’s leading independent free debt advice partnership. Our skilled advisers across the partnership help over 6,000 people facing debt and poverty issues each year since 2006.
These roles are employed by Talking Money, the lead organisation within the partnership. Talking Money is a Bristol-based money advice charity providing free, independent, specialist debt and benefits advice, and general money guidance, information, and support to local citizens. We have a strong track record of providing training and consultancy to local voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations.
We are recruiting a new Central Technical Supervisor to support our partnership across the South West of England. This is a great opportunity for you to progress your career in an industry where you can make a real and positive difference to people’s lives.
This is a challenging role, home and/or office based as agreed, working with advisers, clients and multiple agencies within our partnership with some travel to agencies in Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Weston-Super-Mare and Yeovil to advise and support clients on how to resolve all of their debt issues. Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years current or recent experience of providing debt advice.
Technical Supervisors will:
- Ensure delivery partners meet the service and delivery requirements as set out by the funder (The Money and Pensions Service)
- Provide, remotely, day-to-day support to advisers and trainees as they provide debt advice to over-indebted clients that is accurate, effective and tailored to the client’s individual circumstances, in accordance with FCA regulations and guidance.
- Support and regularly audit delivery partner organisations, ensuring they are prepared for external reviews of their service in line with the quality requirements of the funder
- Undertake debt advice file reviews, interview observations and provide regular 1:1 supervision for feedback and training
- Support line managers in the development of advisers and the debt advice service
- Contribute to and deliver training and training plans to trainees and advisers within the partnership.
- Work with the Quality Manager and funder to monitor and improve the quality of debt advice within the partnership
Technical Supervisors are expected to contribute to the team by:
- Working to an agreed work-plan
- Managing your own caseload whilst supporting advisers to manage theirs
- Being an active member of the partnership
- Complying with policies and procedures of Talking Money
CVs and covering letters are not accepted so please contact us for an application pack.
Closing date for applications is 11.59pm on 26th September 2021.
Interviews are planned for the week beginning 27th September 2021 and applicants should be available for a start date in October/November 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.