We are looking for a Programme Manager to join our team at Tanio (formerly Valley and Vale Community Arts).
Working in a small team based in Bettws, you will be pivotal in our mission; to offer a range of community arts-based activities to help a diverse range of people develop new skills, confidence and self-esteem through creative self-expression.
At Tanio, we strive for all community members to have access to inspiring, aspirational and high-quality arts experiences in safe environments.
Could you join us and help us achieve our mission?
You’ll be experienced in programme and project management, preferably in a community-based setting, and have plenty of experience working in a facilitative capacity.
Knowledge of the Welsh arts environment and the ability to lead and inspire facilitators, mentors and trainees are must-haves for this role.
In return we offer the chance to work with a dedicated and passionate team, a competitive salary, flexible hours, and an attractive benefits package including a stakeholder pension scheme.
The core skills we are looking for:
· Experience of programme and project management, preferably in a community-based setting
· Experience of designing, developing and delivering relevant training programmes that are high quality and relevant to today’s learners
· Experience of working in a facilitative capacity
· Knowledge of the welsh arts environment, with regard to funding, delivery and practicing artists
· Ability to be able to lead and inspire facilitators, mentors and trainees
· Ability to plan and manage projects
· Ability to be creative when problems arise
· Sympathy with the organisation’s mission and an understanding of and empathy with the needs of our clients
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
· Numeracy and ability to create and manage budgets
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Self-motivated and able to manage own work programme and time effectively
Highly desirable (extra) skills:
· Degree, or relevant qualification applicable to the skills required in this role i.e. arts/ community
· Good presentation skills
· Experience of partnership/ collaborative working
· Established Networks in Voluntary and Public Sectors in Wales and Internationally
· Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing through the medium of Welsh
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter by Friday 14th August 2020 at 5pm explaining why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit an up to date CV and a letter outlining why you are suitable for the role.
· In your covering letter when telling us about your main strengths in applying for this post, please address each point in the Person Specification from the job description in turn.
· Any statements that you feel are relevant to the post should be backed up with evidence and examples. Do not use general phrases such as “I have the necessary skills ...” or “I am confident I can do the job well”. We need to know how you meet the requirements based on the evidence you provide. If, for example, you tell us that you are a good project manager, tell us why and where you have used these skills before.
· You should include details of any current or previous jobs, outlining tasks, responsibilities, and achievements that would be relevant to this post.
· Experience gained outside paid employment may also be just as important. For example, you may have done voluntary work in the community, or have skills acquired through other interests.
· Concentrate on relevant information and experience, transferable skills from your home life, voluntary work, past and present employment.
· Sometimes it may feel like you are stating the obvious but remember that we can only assess the application on the information you give us.
· If at all possible, please ensure you provide a daytime telephone contact number on your CV or covering letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.