Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Permanent
Location: Central London – Milbank – Tate Britain
Tate is seeking an exceptional CFO to deliver strategic, tactical and transparent financial leadership to play a critical and impactful role in shaping a more entrepreneurial and agile operating model ensuring the continued financial sustainability of Tate.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the CFO will lead: Finance, Procurement, Audit, Risk and Property; and be the Executive Lead at committee and board level. You will manage the funding relationship with DCMS and enable new business opportunities with Tate Enterprises Ltd.
What we are seeking:
You will need to be a proven change-focused Finance Director/CFO/COO and be able to develop highly effective working relationships with Board members, the Executive Group as well as DCMS. This role is suited to someone positive that would relish being able to make an impact and drive a reputation for your teams playing an active role in providing creative solutions and improving business performance.
You will need to be:
- a fully qualified (CCAB or equivalent) finance professional;
- proven at board and committee level, possessing experience of working with/for central government departments;
- a proven leader (ideally across multiple sites), passionate about best ‘business partnering’ practice and able to galvanize exceptional performance across large teams;
- entrepreneurial and strategic, able to lead on capital projects from conception to completion and oversee the Estates Strategy for all sites; and
- possess strong emotional intelligence, play an important role in a broad range of activities related to institutional planning, and be an articulate spokesperson for the objectives and ambitions of Tate.
All applications are being sifted by Ivy Rock Partners acting on behalf of Tate as exclusive recruitment partners. Please contact Michael Quest at Ivy Rock Partners to discuss the role and request a candidate pack:
- Application deadline: (CV & 1–2-page cover letter) by midnight 16th May
- Interviews: weeks commencing 24th May, 31st May & 7th June
Tate’s vision is to serve as artistically adventurous and culturally inclusive art museums for the UK and the world. Our purpose is to champion the right to art for everyone. We deliver this through activities in our four galleries across the UK, our digital platforms and collaborations with our national and international partners. At the heart of Tate is our collection of art, which includes British art from the 16th century to the present day, and international modern art from 1900 to the present day.
Please share your CV and a 1-2 page cover letter before the deadline to apply.