Our volunteers complement our staff team to provide help to those in need of tax advice. With over 300 volunteers devoting their time to help our beneficiaries, it is important to ensure that our volunteers are given the support they need so that they have a good volunteering experience, gaining satisfaction from what they do, as well as having an impact on the lives of people through their work. Sister charities, TaxAid and Tax Help for Older People have an exciting opportunity for a person to lead and grow this volunteering programme. This is a hybrid home/office based role with occasional travel to our office in Bridport, Dorset.
You will have strong leadership and communication skills to build relationships and trust with colleagues across the organisation and the ability to lead and coach a team, managing performance effectively and fostering a positive working environment.
We are looking for a professional who takes pride in their work, while being open to learning new things. As part of a small team you will have the opportunity to work closely with all colleagues from volunteers to tax advisers and senior management, sharing experiences, ideas and learning from each other.
- To lead the support of a volunteer team of over 300, who undertake casework on tax issues to resolve the problems faced by our beneficiaries.
- To be a champion of our new CRM database and provide regular relevant reporting.
- To manage the administration team who support our volunteers
- Organise the recruitment, induction and ongoing development of volunteers, in line with volunteering best practice, responding promptly to all volunteering enquiries
- Identify opportunities for the development of our volunteering programme to enhance the experience of our volunteers and meet our beneficiary needs.
- Maintain accurate volunteer records, including a database of volunteers and any associated administration, including DBS checks where needed.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter stating why you would like to work for the charities and why your experience and skills make you suitable for this role. This can also be posted to: FAO Marina Lee, Tax Help for Older People, Unit 10, Pineapple Business Park, Salwayash, Bridport DT6 5DB
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.