This voluntary role is a great opportunity if one of the following applies to you:
- Interested in International Development and are keen to gain some quality, remote office-based experience – get your foot in the sector!
- Keen to gain experience working for a charity with a global reach – we help young people in over 100 countries!
- Interested in entrepreneurship and start-ups, particularly as a method of fighting poverty
- Interested in education as a force for fighting youth unemployment worldwide
A little bit about us:
Teach A Man To Fish is an international educational charity with one all-encompassing mission: to empower young people with the skills they need to succeed in school, work and life. We use our school-business model to guide young people and their teachers in the planning and setting up of a student-led school business that is both educational and profitable. Since 2006, we have supported 370,000 young people and trained 5,500 teachers through our programmes to set up school businesses which have generated more than $2,000,000 in income! This year, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic affecting schools worldwide, we launched a new programme: the Enterprise Adventure, a free mobile app for teenagers who want to learn about business and have a positive impact on their community.
We are looking for one home-based volunteer to support the work of our International Programmes team. The ideal candidate will be available to volunteer for 15 – 22 hours per week for 2 – 3+ months. It is a busy and exciting time of year to join the team, as we wrap up and evaluate the 2020 editions of the School Enterprise Challenge and Enterprise Adventure and prepare for 2021.
You will have the opportunity to get involved with a wide variety of tasks. These include but are not limited to:
- Helping to deliver our communications and engagement strategy (liaising with and engaging our beneficiaries through newsletter emails, blog posts, social media, videos and WhatsApp)
- Supporting with coordinating the review of School Enterprise Challenge and Enterprise Adventure submissions and selecting and promoting prize winners
- Supporting with Monitoring & Evaluation of the programmes to contribute to donor reports and inform programme improvements. This could include data collection and analysis through Microsoft Excel, Google Forms and live feedback sessions on Zoom.
The successful candidate(s) will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a positive can-do attitude, with plenty of initiative.
In return, Teach A Man To Fish can offer a stimulating environment with plenty of opportunity to learn more about the development sector and the operations of a small international NGO with a large reach. With all our volunteer placements we try to tailor work to the candidates' areas of interest and provide valuable career guidance and advice.
- A passion for international development and education/enterprise
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team, with minimal supervision
- Excellent use of written and verbal English
- Experience with Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Excel) and Google Suite
- Proven ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Well-developed organisational skills
- Access to a computer and reliable internet, as this is a remote opportunity
- Spanish language skills (intermediate or above)
- Social media / design / video editing / blogging skills
- Experience of volunteering or working in a developing country
This role is for a minimum of 15 hours per week for a period of 2-3 months with the possibility of extension. You can fit your volunteering around other commitments (e.g. holidays, studies or another job) and choose whether you would prefer to volunteer for 2-3 full days a week, or spread the 15+ hours over more weekdays.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received.
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter outlining why you would be suited to the role through CharityJob.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.