This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Teach A Man To Fish, an award-winning international development charity. We are looking for a proactive and driven individual, with a demonstrated track-record in marketing communications and excellent administrative capability. S/he will develop and manage communications, branding and marketing across the organisation for a range of external audiences. The Programme Communications and Marketing Officer will also play an important role in marketing and communication for our flagship programme, the School Enterprise Challenge, to schools, teachers and students across the world.
Basis: Full-time paid position
Location: Finsbury Park, London, UK
Salary: £25,000 to £27,000
Start date: Immediate
Reporting to: Programme Development and Fundraising Manager
Direct Reports: None but management of UK office volunteers is part of the role
About Teach A Man To Fish
At Teach A Man To Fish our mission is to empower young people in schools with the skills and mindsets that help them to succeed in work and in life. We guide schools step-by-step to set up student-led educational and profitable school businesses that are both educational and profitable. Participation in planning and running a real-life business empowers students with critical business, workplace, entrepreneurship and transferable life skills so that they leave school prepared to get a good job or run their own successful business.
We are a small organisation with big reach - since 2006 we have brought our pioneering School-Business Model to more than 100 countries, assisting over 300,000 young people.
The overall aim of this role is to raise the global profile of Teach A Man To Fish and the School Enterprise Challenge programme.
The Programme Communications and Marketing Officer role encompasses two main areas of work – Communications and Media Relations and Marketing. The Officer will be managed and supported by the Programme Development and Fundraising Manager and will work closely with the School Enterprise Challenge programmes teams in the UK and in our countries of operation.
Communications and Media Relations
- Create and manage high-quality communications for different Teach A Man To Fish media, social media, print materials and publications, and the Teach A Man To Fish website
- Work with the Programme Development and Fundraising Manager to develop and implement a Teach A Man To Fish organisational communications strategy
- Manage the School Enterprise Challenge communications calendar to promote the programme across a range of media, social media, print materials and publications, and the School Enterprise Challenge website in English and Spanish
- Identify, develop and manage relationships with different media to raise the profile of Teach A Man to Fish, our programmes, our key staff and our partners in hi-profile media publications
- Ensure that all organisational communications materials adhere to our style guidelines
- With the support of the Programme Development and Fundraising Manager, develop and maintain effective organisational marketing materials
- Work closely with the School Enterprise Challenge programmes teams throughout the year to create and manage high-quality communications and marketing materials in English and Spanish
- Maintain contact database and email marketing system
- Recruit and line manage UK volunteers to support specific communications tasks
- Ensure collection of up-to-date communications materials including video, photographs, case studies, presentations, texts and maintain a central library of these
- Represent Teach A Man To Fish externally at conferences, meetings and other events
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Right to live and work in the UK (no applications will be processed from applicants without this right).
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years’ marketing or communications experience
- Advanced Spanish language skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt communications for different audiences, especially those with English as a second language.
- Solutions-orientated with a demonstrated ability to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Experience of managing social media accounts for an organisation
- Demonstrated interest in international development and education
- Excellent administration and project coordination skills with a keen attention to detail
- Confident user of Microsoft Office and Google Documents
- Proficient in the use of email marketing software (e.g. MailChimp) as well as photo-editing and graphic design software (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Canva and Powtoon)
- Experience of migrating and maintaining high-quality contact data in Salesforce or other CRM software
- Experience of working or volunteering in a small, fast-paced office environment
- Experience of living and working in a developing country context
- Video editing experience would be beneficial.
Please submit a CV and a covering letter (max 2 pages). Please explain why you are interested in this role and how your relevant experience and skills match this person specification.
The closing date is 23:59 on Sunday 15th December 2019. We expect to hold first round interviews 18-20th December 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.