Are you an experienced and passionate specialist in gender-based violence in emergency (GBViE)? Are you interested in leading the integration of gender and protection themes within Tearfund's global programmes in crisis and emergency contexts?? Are you excited to work on innovative and research-based interventions that work to shift harmful social and gender norms?
This is an exciting opportunity to work with Tearfund's global Gender and Protection Unit (GPU) on innovative GBViE interventions.
This position will support the implementation and integration of GBViE programmes and interventions globally,and the adaptation of existing models to humanitarian contexts across our country programmes. This role will work closely with our country and cluster programme coordinators and the GPU lead.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the outcomes of our new SGBV strategy and implementation plans on global learning , provide technical and project support, external and internal liaison on our global GBViE work, manage and grow our existing and new relationships with donors, academics and other consortium partners, networking and representation for GBViE work, in line with country, cluster priorities and our global objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience in gender and GBViE related work, programme development and project management in a regional capacity.
- Experience in gender and GBViE related learning approaches and programming and experience providing technical advice and support.
- Experience in working with multiple teams at global, regional and local levels, in sometimes complex project contexts.
- Strong communication skills with oral and written proficiency in English; working knowledge of French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
- The ability to take initiative, be a great team player and work with integrity.
This global role will be based in the UK or in one of Tearfund's clusters or country's offices with up to 12-weeks of travel. Applicants must be committed to Tearfund's Christian beliefs.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.