Poverty is not God's plan. You are.
As Tearfund's Internal Communications and Engagement Officer you will play a critical role in inspiring, connecting and informing over 1,000 staff across the globe to work towards our mission: to see people freed from poverty, living transformed lives and reaching their God-given potential.
We are a small, friendly and creative team with a passion for a fairer and more just world.
You will be working on our weekly publication, on live events, on standalone comms campaigns, on video editing, proofreading, corporate communications and plenty more.
Interested? Here is what we are after
- You are an excellent writer using plain English as our primary working language.
- You can spot a typo at 100 paces.
- You have a nose for a good story and know how to tell it.
- You can run an internal communications campaign from start to finish, using insight, creativity and analytics.
- You have basic video / audio editing skills and ideally know your way around some of the Adobe Creative Suite products.
- You are a flexible, enthusiastic team player.
- You take initiative, make suggestions and are happy to work independently.
- You are passionate about modern trends in communications and always look for ways to improve how we work.
- You are committed to Tearfund's Christian beliefs, and care deeply about our mission to follow Jesus where the need is greatest.
Are you up for the challenge and want to be part of something truly rewarding and meaningful? Then we would love to hear from you.
This role can be based in any country where Tearfund is registered and is able to employ staff. You will just need a decent internet connection and some flexibility around how we make being in different time zones work for online meetings.
You will also need to be happy to come to the UK (South West London) at least once a year (once travel restrictions allow).
The salary will be dependent on location.
Get in touch for more information or to apply
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a watchlist database to check against criminal convictions, as a counter-terror measure.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.