A growing charity are on a mission to prevent suicide and champion good mental health through improving mental health support amongst students in UK Universities.
The Ted Senior Foundation (TSF) is now looking for an Operational Lead to represent the charity, grow its expanding network in the UK mental health sector, and head up the expansion of the charity’s flagship peer-support scheme in UK universities and educational establishments.
Currently working in Bristol, the foundation plans to expand across the Southwest. As the organisation and role develop, the Operational Lead will also take on overall responsibility for the charity’s operations, including finance, fundraising, grant-making, and communications.
This is a fantastic, rewarding opportunity for somebody who is passionate about being an advocate for good mental health, and who has excellent communication skills, and an ability to promote services to a range of audiences.
- Lead on the expansion and development of the new scheme, presenting it to universities and educational establishments
- Engage with student communities to adapt the scheme to suit their requirements
- Lead on recruitment and the interview process for the scheme
- Plan, develop and facilitate training programmes
- Work in collaboration with educational establishment to develop guidance for students
- Develop and implement a clear evaluation strategy, to continually measure and demonstrate the benefit of the scheme to foundation supporters and prospective educational establishments
- Lead on the charity’s annual budget, reporting to the trustees
- The development of digital marketing material and targeted outreach for the charity
- Work with the fundraising team to put on events, both to generate income and to raise awareness of the importance of good mental health and of the Foundation aims
- Run the grant-making process, including identifying potential grantees and advertising the charity as a funder in the relevant sectors
- Develop relationships within the UK mental health and suicide prevention sectors
- Manage the charity’s communications, including social media channels, whilst building a following among student communities and the wider mental health sector.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the importance of good mental health who can share the vision of making educational establishments a safer place for students.
You will have previous experience:
- Working within a charity (ideally within a university/education setting);
- Successfully managing projects from inception through to delivery; and,
- Using social media in a business context.
This role would suit somebody who is able to work independently, whilst also being able to engage a wide range of stakeholders, and who has a creative flair to identify new opportunities for the foundation to further its objectives.
Recruitment for this vacancy will take place from 28 September 2021, therefore if you have been successful for the next stage of the process, you will be contacted around this date
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.