This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our charity and contribute to our aim of supporting youth to fulfil their best potential.
About Teenage Helpline
Teenage Helpline is an online mentoring service run by young people to be used by young people. The aims of Teenage Helpline are to provide the first stepping-stone for young people who may need to get professional support, but do not feel comfortable seeking this support for themselves. Not only this, but we also provide mentoring for young people who do not need professional support, but who need a little extra attention and support to help them cope with other personal issues.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our charity and contribute to our aim of supporting youth to fulfil their best potential. As the Senior Subject Analyst you will work with the Strategy and Operations Team to ensure the coherent creation of resources and materials to be used across the organisation and to go on the website. You will be analytical, with a strong eye for detail, with the primary responsibility being making sure all relevant materials comply with Teenage Helpline policy. You will review and manage the Subject Analysts to confirm the members are fully up to date with the latest policies, guidelines, and programmes created throughout the organisation.
We are looking for a collaborative individual who is organised and can see the bigger picture of the impact they will have on our charity. The role is voluntary therefore, experience is not necessary and is suitable for students or recent graduates from various courses, looking to develop their skills whilst working from home, however any relevant experience should be highlighted in your application.
- Be responsible for managing your team of subject analysts’ and participating in the interviewing should there be spaces within your team.
- You will work in the Strategy and Operations Team setting work for subject analysts, reviewing and approving resources, and making sure these are up-to-date and reviewed by appropriate people.
- You will network with the Training Team to develop training materials for your team.
- Report to the Strategy Manager and collaborate with a wide number of individuals at all levels across Teenage Helpline; therefore, you should have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will have frequent meetings with the Subject Analysts to check in and make sure they are doing well whilst resolving any issues they may have.
- Strong IT skills are required, as all work is done online
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to work individually but also collaborate effectively with other members across the organisation
- Creative and driven individual wanting to drive this programme forward
- Be willing to pick up new projects and any other ad hoc work
Previous experience with Microsoft Office applications is preferred
All of those who volunteer for this position will need to have access to a computer, the internet and e-mail and have a comfortable space to work from home.