About Teenage Helpline
Teenage Helpline is an online mentoring service run by young people to be used by young people. The aims of Teenage Helpline are to provide the first stepping-stone for young people who may need to get professional support, but do not feel comfortable seeking this support for themselves. Not only this, but we also provide mentoring for young people who do not need professional support, but who need a little extra attention and support to help them cope with other personal issues.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our charity and contribute to our aim of supporting youth to fulfill their best potential. As a content creator, you will play an important role in developing resources for our mentors to use on a variety of subjects from mental health to careers advice. You will be working as part of a team on this project and be supervised by the project co-ordinator.
We are looking for a collaborative individual who is organised and can see the bigger picture of the impact they will have on our charity. The role is voluntary therefore, experience is not necessary and is suitable for students or recent graduates from various courses, looking to develop their skills whilst working from home. The role is temporary but there may be an opportunity to advance into a different role upon completion of the project.
- Report directly to the strategy co-ordinator.
- Complete set tasks to a high standard and on time.
- Creating content that is set by the co-ordinator.
- Any other ad hoc work/activities as set.
- Ability to convey information using good written and verbal communication.
- Organisational skills and ability to deliver set tasks on time.
- Good skills in IT and proficient use of Microsoft applications.
- Efficient research and analytical skills.
- Ability to start work from scratch.
All of those who volunteer for this position will need to have access to a computer, the internet and e-mail and have a comfortable space to work from home.
Reporting to: Strategy Manager
Working hours: This is a voluntary opportunity. Working hours are flexible. We ask that candidates are able to give approximately 2 hours per week.