Location: Temwa Office, Bristol City Centre
Duration of work: 3 days per week
Start Date: October 2020
Salary: £25,000 pro-rata
You will oversee trust and foundation fundraising, as well as supporting the Programme Quality Advisor and Business Development Manager with institutional fundraising, donor communications, internal and external communications. You will report directly to the Business Development Manager, as well as being accountable to the Programme Quality Advisor and Managing Director.
Mission – Developing self-sufficient communities in hard to reach areas
Principles of Temwa;
- Community Driven – Temwa’s decisions are made by the community
- Working together as a team with trust and integrity
- Working towards long term self-sufficiency
- Commitment to Professionalism
- Openness and transparency
- Researching and maintaining a database of trusts and foundations in the UK and overseas to which Temwa could apply for funding
- Fostering long-term relationships with current donors for repeat funding
- Creating and submitting trust and foundation proposals for Temwa’s projects, growing the organisations trusts and foundation portfolio of support
- Identifying institutional funding opportunities for Temwa within the UK and EU
- Working to form strategic partnerships with relevant organisations and agencies
- Develop the organisations case for support and proposal templates for all projects
- Ongoing management of a portfolio of charitable trusts and grant making bodies
- Completing quarterly bulletin updates to all Temwa donors, using project case studies, quotes, photos and videos
- Supporting Programme Quality Advisor with timely reporting to all project donors.
- Liaise regularly with Malawi office on queries related to UK fundraising
- Present to the UK, Malawi Directors and UK trustees on fundraising progress, against devised targets
- Supporting UK office administration and office management
- Support, where necessary, the UK fundraising team with other fundraising opportunities and activities.
Experience, qualifications and requirements:
- The successful candidate must have experience of trust fundraising with proven track record of securing income against set targets
- Experience of developing and writing high quality trust proposals,
- Experience of researching trusts and foundations
- Experience of building good relationships with external funding bodies
- The successful candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- The successful candidate must be highly numerate with strong attention to detail
- Experience of institutional fundraising desirable
Our goal at Temwa is to harness the power of bringing communities together. We partner with communities in Malawi, empowering local people to end poverty and transform their own futures. We inspire local communities in the UK to help bring about this change. When communities come together. Temwa means ‘love, within a community,’ in the language of Tumbuka. We are Bristol based charity committed to empowering remote African communities to end poverty and transform their own futures.
We know that without the central involvement of the communities in a project we cannot do anything that lasts. Temwa draws on 17 years working with remote communities in Malawi to understand that many of the challenges faced by poor rural communities are linked and mutually reinforcing. To make a lasting change, we partner with the communities and work through local structures to tackle the various causes of poverty simultaneously, not just symptoms.
We have a highly skilled team of 24 full time employees in Malawi implementing this work, based out of two offices in the Northern Region. Our UK office, based in Bristol, comprises a small fundraising and operations team of five staff (three are part time, two are full time), 1-3 volunteer interns and a wider family of volunteers and supporters, committed to achieving this goal.
To apply, please send a CV (2 page maximum) and covering letter (2 page maximum)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.