Contract - Permanent - 35 hours supported by flexible working
A newly created role, this is an exciting opportunity for someone thinking about their next career move and looking to join an agile organisation where you can really make a difference.
Working closely with senior managers, this role will be responsible for creating and delivering an insight driven Marketing and Communications strategy and plan that will really make the charity stand out in the marketplace. You will work across the organisation with the full range of departments reaching out to a diverse group of audiences and stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering meaningful and creative campaigns that builds relations with new and existing audiences, increases engagement and generates positive reputation and perception
- Leading, supporting and developing the Marketing and Communications team
- Lead on all internal and external communications including press, website, social media presence, advertising and publications
- Driving, promoting and safeguarding the brand
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive marketing, communications and media knowledge
- Experience of planning and overseeing marketing campaigns and strategies to increase engagement
- A good understanding and experience of integrated media and communications, particularly including digital channels
- Extensive and demonstrable experience dealing with the media – including crisis management skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills - ability to express information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members ensuring they are empowered to do their best
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to set clear goals and objectives, work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and able to adapt priorities
A cancer diagnosis can be frightening and stressful. We can help. We bring expert advice, emotional support and life-saving treatment to the heart of communities. We help cancer patients and their loved ones cope, and our vital research gives hope.
We care about people affected by cancer and we make a real difference to lives. And we need like-minded people just like you to help us make a difference.
Our roles are popular with candidates because we’re a local employer with a good reputation working for a cause people are passionate about.
We’re hardworking and we love what we do. Creating a happy work life balance is important to us so we offer:
- agile working that gives flexibility and control over your working hours
- the opportunity to operate flexibly through hybrid working, at home and in our office in Cardiff if needed
- family friendly policies
- generous annual leave entitlement and the option to buy additional annual leave each year.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification via the Tenovus Cancer Care website by 9th December 2021. Candidates will need to be available for a virtual interview on the 16th & 17th December.
You can find a copy of the job description and person specification on our website.
Tenovus Cancer Care is passionate about equality and diversity. As part of our cultural commitment we welcome applications from all backgrounds and sections of the community.
We’re currently receiving a lot of interest for our roles so unfortunately, we’re not able to provide feedback to candidates who aren’t progressed to interview stage.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.