Paid Job: Volunteer Development Assistant / Cynorthwydd Datblygu Gwirfoddolwyr (within the HR department)
Contract: Permanent & part time. 21 hours a week. (This could be 3 days or spread across Monday – Friday)
Pay: £20,000 based on a full time equivalent 35 hour week. (Pro-rata pay for the contracted hours is £12,000)
Location: You’ll be able to work from home and make occasional travel to our Cardiff City Centre Head Office
You’ll need to apply by the 4th August but be quick as we may close for applications early when roles are popular. We’ll hold our interviews on Teams for shortlisted applicants.
What’s Tenovus Cancer Care all about?
Our volunteers are the backbone of things here to help us make a future where anyone affected by cancer in Wales and beyond can have hope and live their best lives.
To do this we raise funds to operate our mobile cancer treatment units, run our oncology nurse led Support Line, offer benefits advice to those affected by cancer, combat loneliness through telephone befriending and lift people’s spirits and sense of community through our Sing With Us choirs.
With around 60 shops and an online sales business our retail teams are boosted with volunteer support to keep the tills ringing, sort our stock and tell our customers in the community all about ‘US’.
So, we’re all about community, raising funds and awareness and developing relationships to care for people affected by cancer and make positive change and give support.
What’s the job?
It’s a first line connection role between our shops, warehouse and volunteers. You’ll be super busy on the phone and computer answering questions and guiding people on our policies and procedures and auditing.
There’ll be data and admin stuff to do like using spreadsheets and databases with reports to run as well as other admin activities such as posting volunteer role adverts, keeping files orderly, things organised and managing emails and applications.
You’ll also have a hand in putting recruitment campaigns together and running them, dealing with applicants, supporting training as required and promoting us externally. You’re part of the HR & volunteer team in delivering our strategic focus and involving our volunteers in it. So, naturally you recognise the value of engagement, inclusivity and diversity in everything we do and love the sound of a busy and varied part time HR job.
To do well in this you’ll need to be a creative thinker and problem solver with the ability to think logically and respond to things as they come in. This could mean someone enquiring about volunteering opportunities, dealing with a low-level complaint or supporting our Volunteer supervisors when they’re recruiting or managing the day to day things.
We work with external partners too so relationships and being comfortable working in a busy environment with lots of different people is something you’re good at. Volunteering spans all departments so sometimes you’ll need to help in other areas as we’re a close-knit team. Most of the job’s on the phone and computer but there may be times when you’ll get out and about too when we can attend events and fairs.
We’ve got big ideas and ambitions so if you’ve got the spirit, experience and right attitude to match our values we’d love to have you on board.
The Staff benefits of joining ‘US’
Our roles are popular with candidates because we’re a local employer with a good reputation working for a cause people are passionate about.
We’re hardworking and we love what we do. We also offer great benefits which include (pro-rata for part-time roles):
- Agile working
- 35 pro rata’d days holiday per year (including bank holidays) increases with length of service and you can buy extra days
- Occupational sick pay
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family friendly policies
- Staff volunteer day
- Chance to develop leadership and management skills in recruiting and working with volunteers
- A plush Cardiff City centre Head Office
The small print stuff
- Check out the Job Description and Person Specification and send us your CV by applying now through the Tenovus Cancer Care website
Check out our Job Description and Person Specification to see if we're a match and apply with your CV on the Tenovus Cancer Care website.
- For more information or assistance during the application process, please contact the Tenovus Cancer Care People Team
- Tenovus Cancer Care is passionate about equality and diversity. As part of our cultural commitment, we welcome applications from all backgrounds and sections of the community. With Disability Confidence important to how we support and inspire people we welcome applications from people with a disability and will adjust our recruitment processes where we can.
- Because we have a lot of applications for our roles, we’re not able to provide feedback to candidates who aren’t progressed to interview stage. Sometimes we may also need to close the vacancy for applications early due to the popularity of our advertised roles
- We’re committed to being transparent about how we collect and use data and to meeting our data protection obligations and you can find full details about this in our Job Application Privacy Notice on our Work for us page on the Tenovus Cancer Care website
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.