To enable us to further market our presence and our activities, , we are seeking an Engagement & Social Media Officer. This is a key role and the post holder will have the opportunity to use their existing experience and skills to really shape the engagement activities of the Community Forest. This is not ‘just’ an office job. The successful applicant will be just as comfortable rolling up their sleeves and helping out onsite at events as they will be at delivering community marketing campaigns.
Working at the Thames Chase Trust’s busy Visitor Centre, the post holder will need to support trustees, the small staff team and volunteers to:
- Deliver the stretching ambitions for the Thames Chase Trust through managing the digital and media operations, its presentation and maintenance and with accountability for key outcomes relating to interpretation and publicity of the Community Forest
- Maximise the influence and reputation of the Thames Chase Trust by raising its profile in the media, the local community and other environmental groups.
- Ensure that Thames Chase projects have maximum opportunities for business growth through the introduction of new initiatives, effective publicity and marketing campaigns and associated events and function.
Use the Visitor Centre as the information hub for the Community Forest and the work of the Thames Chase Trust and to promote the objectives of the Thames Chase Plan.
To be considered for this position, please supply a covering statement as well as your CV when applying for the role.
- Competency in managing websites and in using various forms of digital media to help successfully develop stakeholder engagement and e-fundraising.
- Create ideas and initiatives then present and implement them.
- All-rounder type attitude and team player ethic in having the ability to contribute in other areas.
About the Thames Chase Trust
The Thames Chase Trust aims to make the Thames Chase Community Forest an inspirational example of landscape regeneration through cost effective environmental improvements that change lives and that demonstrates the values outlined in the Thames Chase Plan through exemplar community led management of the Forest and in the Thames Chase Forest Centre.
About the Thames Chase Community Forest
The Thames Chase Community Forest covers 40 square miles of countryside around the London/Essex borders and encompasses countryside in Barking and Dagenham, Brentwood, Havering, Thurrock and Essex. Within its boundaries there has been a concerted effort, and success, over the last 30 years to re-generate despoiled landscape and enhance the natural environment for the benefit of local people and wildlife.