At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards of effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Support Worker in our East Surrey Outreach team. This is an exciting opportunity to join this service, supporting both new and more complex rough sleepers to move away from the streets and access and sustain accommodation and support. The team work across 4 councils in the region – Epsom and Ewell, Mole Valley, Reigate and Banstead and Tandridge – and work closely with housing departments in each council to ensure there is a prompt and effective response to rough sleeping.
With the help of our experienced senior staff and management, you will be supported and trained to use your strong communication and creative problem-solving skills. You will receive regular support from experienced staff, who will both guide your work and encourage and facilitate your personal development.
As Assistant Outreach Support Worker you will:
- Provide a response to referrals we receive across the 4 councils
- Facilitate drop-in sessions at local services working with homeless people
- Support our clients with practical tasks that will enable them to move off of the streets or sustain accommodation
- Directly support clients, identifying activities that will assist in their journey towards recovery and away from life on the streets
- Maintain and support links with community programmes and resources
- Ensure that all work is recorded and monitored.
- A commitment to providing a high standard of service
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Honesty, reliability and a mature and thoughtful approach to equal opportunities and diversity in service provision
- The ability to learn and an enthusiasm for training and acquiring new skills
- A responsive and flexible approach to the needs of the team and clients.
As this service covers a wide area we require applications from people with a driving license and access to their own transport. Whilst the majority of your working hours will fall within normal office hours there is a requirement to carry out some late and early shifts in order to engage with rough sleepers who might be difficult to locate during the day.
As well as a great working environment, we also offer:
- Support to develop your case working skills and specialist knowledge.
- 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory pension scheme, tuition aid and role-specific training.
- 29 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Closing Date: 3rd October 2021
To apply please visit our website.