Closing date: 01/08/2022
Interview date: 09/08/2022
Our vision is to end street homelessness. At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives.
The role will involve office and street-based work in Croydon. While some of your time will be spent working daytime shifts, Monday-Friday, the role includes some early morning and late-night outreach shifts. This could also include some weekend working. A clean driver’s license would be required.
As a member of the team you will assertively reinforce our message that rough sleeping is an unsafe choice and give individuals you meet clear information about their available options and the necessary encouragement and support so they can make an informed choice to move away from the street. You will support both new and more complex rough sleepers to move away from the streets and access and sustain accommodation and support.
- Directly casework rough sleepers, supporting them to access appropriate services and accommodation.
- Be responsive to referrals, carrying out assessments with new rough sleepers met to identify support needs and refer to relevant agencies.
- Work alongside other agencies including, the local authority, mental health services, drug and alcohol. services, and housing providers.
- Conduct regular outreach shifts and accurately record work done.
To succeed as the Assistant Support worker, you will:
- Have a commitment to providing a high standard of service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong IT skills with the ability use Outlook, online recording systems, Excel, and Word, using a tablet and a smart phone.
- Honesty, reliability and a mature and thoughtful approach to equal opportunities and diversity in service provision.
- The ability to learn and an enthusiasm for training and acquiring new skills.
- Be a confident driver & hold a clean driving license.
As well as a great working environment we offer:
- 29 days holiday
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- 6.5% employer contributory pension (with employee contributing 1.5%)
- Cycle to work and season ticket load scheme
- Employee assistance programme
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.