Fixed Term Contract (1 x 12 Months & 1 x 3 Months)
Closing Date: 09/06/2020
Interviews: W/C 29th June 2020 – TBC
Do you want to end homelessness and make a positive difference to people’s lives? Are you highly motivated and looking for a challenge? Do you want to use your excellent people skills to support people to move away from homelessness?
Thames Reach are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in delivery of our services.
Our Tenancy Sustainment Team (TST) is supporting people with histories of rough sleeping in their accommodation, and are supporting people to achieve their aspirations. We are looking for applications from people new to the homelessness sector and experienced case workers.
The Assistant Support Worker role would suit:
• People interested in working with people with rough sleeping histories sustaining their tenancies.
• People with experience of face to face or customer service work.
• An understanding of how to support people to manage and sustain tenancies and engage positively with their local community.
• People with experience of supporting and motivating people to engage with health services, employment, training and education.
• People who are able to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationship with other agencies such as referral agencies, health services, benefit services and registered social landlords.
• Those with strong administration experience who would like to work to support a key front line homelessness service.
You will play a key role in the development of our services and your work will contribute to influencing the future of service provision across the UK.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• The ability to provide a flexible and responsive service to people with rough sleeper histories.
• Excellent communication, organisation and creative problem solving skills.
• Commitment to working within the homelessness sector to support people to lead fulfilling lives.
• Creating and working through action plans and be strongly outcome focuses.
• The ability to follow instructions, manage and mitigate risk.
• The ability to use IT systems to communicate and record your work.
• Be confident in working autonomously as well as within a team, the role with involve office work and in the community.
As well as a great working environment we also offer:
• 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory pension
• Development opportunities
• 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Reimbursement of the cost of annual eye test
• Season ticket/cycle loan
• Flexible Working
• EAP services
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.