At Thames Reach we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
We are looking for an organised and motivated person to move into a new Housing Services Manager post, working across our hostel projects.
You will coordinate work to support hostels with Health and Safety compliance, maintenance, service contracts, void turnaround, and oversee the domestic function across all sites.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced facilities manager to support us in improving the physical environment in which we house and engage with clients.
You will be responsible for directly managing our team of first contact workers who manage access to our buildings and report maintenance issues, as well as our cleaning and catering staff.
You will consolidate our service contracts across numerous sites, finding value for money while keeping the highest standards in maintenance and H&S compliance.
You will work closely with the lead managers of each hostel service to maximise budgets and develop relationships with suppliers and contractors.
You will have:
- A relevant Health and Safety qualification, or evidence of continuous learning and/or development in this area
- Knowledge of financial controls and an understanding of balancing quality and cost
- Experience of working with multiple partners and managing professional relationships
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
As well as a great working environment we also offer:
- Support to develop your leadership and strategic skills.
- 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory pension scheme, tuition aid and management specific training.
- 29 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Closing date: Tuesday 07 December
Face to face interviews being held Wednesday 15th December
For more information and to apply please visit our website.