We are recruiting a Lead Worker to join our Hammersmith and Fulham Outreach and Housing First Team. This is a new contract for Thames Reach and an exciting time to be joining the team. The team will form a significant part of the borough’s complement of services working with rough sleepers. The team will continue work to reduce the number of people rough sleeping in the borough, by providing short sharp interventions to support people to access accommodation, and ensure that the appropriate support is in place. The team will also work with a cohort of Housing First clients supporting people to access and maintain accommodation.
At Thames Reach we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
This role will enable you to use your existing knowledge and experience to move into a role where you will have more influence and responsibility within a team, to work towards quick outcomes and support rough sleepers off the streets and to maintain their accommodation. Working in this team will give you an opportunity to make a real difference to rough sleeping.
With the help of our experienced senior staff and management, you will be supported and trained to use your strong communication and creative problem-solving skills, to enable you to create and deliver options for people where these may be hard to find. You will receive regular supervision from experienced staff who will both guide your work and encourage and facilitate your personal development.
You will be responsible for:
- A small caseload of Housing First clients, offering support to access and maintain accommodation
- Managing a caseload of rough sleepers, identifying the quickest and most appropriate route off the street, and devising a plan to achieve this, while holding a caseload of your own
- Conducting regular outreach shifts, with volunteers and partner agencies
- Representing the team at multi-agency meetings such as Task & Targeting meetings
- Identifying gaps in provision and researching new pathways off of the streets for a variety of rough sleepers, including those with no recourse to public funds
- Accurately recording all work done.
To be successful you’ll need to have:
- Experience in working with rough sleepers or vulnerable adults and supporting them to access services
- Excellent organisation and time management skills in order to remain strongly outcome focused, with the ability to coordinate a high number of cases and complete tasks promptly and efficiently
- Commitment to working in a challenging environment with the ability to be highly flexible throughout the working day
- Good communication skills and confidence in public speaking when representing Thames Reach to external organisations and forming strong working relationships with partners; being able to challenge them when required
- Strong IT skills with the ability use Outlook, online recording systems, Excel, and Word, using a tablet and a smart phone.
This role will involve office and street-based work in Hammersmith and Fulham. The role includes working shifts on a rota that covers Monday-Friday.
As well as a great working environment, we also offer:
- Support to develop your case working skills and specialist knowledge.
- 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory pension scheme, tuition aid and role-specific training.
- 29 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Closing date: Monday, 1 November 2021