FTC – 6 Months (SP – maternity cover)
Closing Date: 21/04/2020 at midnight
Interviews: W/C 27/04/2020
Do you want to end homelessness and make a positive difference to people’s lives?Are you highly motivated and looking for a challenge? Do you want to use your excellent people skills to support people to move away from homelessness? Then join us as Senior Practitioner.
Thames Reach are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in delivery of our services.
Our Brent Reach floating support service is supporting people to sustain their accommodation and achieve their aspirations. Brent Reach are recruiting to fill a variety of posts within this team, we are looking for applications from people new to the homelessness sector and experienced case workers or managers.
The Senior Practitioner Role would suit:
• Someone who has experience of supporting and inspiring colleagues to achieve goals.
• People with experience of good quality case management.
• Someone who is motivated to deliver a high quality service.
• People with strong administration skills.
• People who would like to develop line management skills.
You will play a key role in the development of our services and your work will contribute to influencing the future of service provision across the UK.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• The ability to provide a flexible and responsive service to people with rough sleeper histories.
• Excellent communication, organisation and creative problem solving skills.
• Commitment to working within the homelessness sector to support people to lead fulfilling lives.
• Creating and working through action plans and be strongly outcome focuses.
• The ability to follow instructions, manage and mitigate risk.
• The ability to use IT systems to communicate and record your work.
• Strong time management skills.
• Be confident in working autonomously as well as within a team, the role with involve office work and in the community.
As well as a great working environment we also offer:
– 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee pension contribution.
– Development opportunities.
– 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
– Reimbursement of the cost of annual eye test
– Season ticket/cycle loan
– Flexible Working
– EAP services
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
For further information and to apply please visit our website.