At Thames Reach we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
We are recruiting a Support Worker to join our Hillingdon outreach team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a service working from Heathrow airport, which has a significant number of rough sleepers. This team will work alongside other agencies to support people to access suitable crisis and longer term accommodation and reduce the number of people sleeping in the airport.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Carry out nightshifts in Heathrow airport
- Directly casework rough sleepers, supporting them to access appropriate services and accommodation.
- Be a first response to referrals, carrying out assessments with new rough sleepers met.
- Support lead workers to work with complex cases.
- Work alongside other agencies including, the local authority, health services, housing providers and airport police.
To be successful you will need to:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and responsive to meet the needs of rough sleepers
- Have the confidence and ability to manage a caseload of complex clients
- Have the necessary IT skills to collect, collate and interpret data
- Be confident in representing Thames Reach at external meetings and with outside agencies
You will be part of a rota that includes night work and day time work.
As well as a great working environment, we also offer:
- Support to develop your case working skills and specialist knowledge.
- 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory pension scheme, tuition aid and role-specific training.
- 29 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Closing date: Monday, 01 November 2021