Do you want to end homelessness and make a difference to people's lives?
Are you highly motivated and looking for a challenge?
Thames Reach are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
Our Ealing Move-on Team is commissioned by Ealing local authority working alongside partner agencies in the borough to:
- Complete move-on assessments with people who are currently accommodated the High needs staging post as well those dispersed TA properties
- Provide practical support for people to move into more permanent accommodation
- Make referrals into other support agencies to achieve positive outcomes
Our main focus is on quickly moving people into homes, help them sustain these tenancies and move on with their lives
As support workers you will:
- Have experience of working with rough sleepers and be aware of the options available to them.
- Where necessary support clients to sustain their stay in hotels
- Support the lead workers to carry out person – centred move on plans.
- Support clients to access identified services.
- Source move on offers
- Link clients into post resettlement support to help sustain tenancy.
- Able to build positive relationship in a short time frame.
- Work closely with other Thames Reach teams and hotel staff to share of information and best practice.
- Work closely with the rough sleeping duty team, HSO and commissioners to share information and best practice.
- Ensure all records, incidents as well outcome are up to date on the rough sleepers database.
All Thames Reach staff are essential keyworkers, these roles are working in the community, and will require a willingness to work weekends and evenings. This post will be based in our head office in Camberwell but will require travel across London.
As well as a great working environment we also offer:
- 6.5% employer pension contribution.
- Development opportunities.
- 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Reimbursement of the cost of annual eye test
- Season ticket/cycle loan
- Flexible Working
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Closing date: Sunday, 31 October 2021