At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic support worker to join the North Living well Centre, a service that is part of the innovative reshaping of mental health services in Lambeth.
Staff in the Living well centre support clients using mix of brief interventions or longer-term support as needed, delivered by multi-disciplinary teams consisting of support workers, community psychiatric nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, peer mentors and consultants.
In this role, you will manage a caseload of people with mental health needs, focusing on resolving practical issues and improving their wellbeing and social integration.
You will be motivated, committed and confident at liaising with other professionals. There will be an expectation to work autonomously and as part of a team. You will have good time management skills, be outcome-focused and accurately record work to enable us to demonstrate our outcomes.
You will need:
- An understanding of the issues facing vulnerable people and the services they require to address these
- An ability to work quickly and build relationships in a short period of time
- Ability to work in partnership with external agencies
- A good understanding of social support needs
We will offer:
- 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee pension contribution
- Development opportunities
- 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Reimbursement of the cost of annual eye test
- Season ticket/cycle loan
The team works across Lambeth and are based in offices in Brixton.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd October
For more information and to apply please visit our website.