Fixed Term contract for 7 months
Closing Date: Midnight 26th November 2019
We are recruiting a Support Worker to join our Hillingdon outreach team, this is an exciting opportunity to join a new service working towards reducing rough sleeping in Hillingdon. Hillingdon SORT works to reduce the number of people rough sleeping in the borough, supporting people to access suitable crisis and longer term accommodation.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Directly casework rough sleepers, supporting them to access appropriate services and accommodation.
- Be a first response to referrals, carrying out assessments with new rough sleepers met.
- Support lead workers to work with complex cases.
- Work alongside other agencies including, the local authority, health services and housing providers.
To be successful you will need to:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and responsive to meet the needs of rough sleepers
- Have the confidence and ability to manage a caseload of complex clients
- Have the necessary IT skills to collect, collate and interpret data
- Be confident in representing Thames Reach at external meetings and with outside agencies
At Thames Reach we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
As well as a great working environment we also offer:
- 6.5% employer pension contribution.
- Development opportunities.
- 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Reimbursement of the cost of annual eye test
- Season ticket/cycle loan
- Flexible Working
- EAP services
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.