Fixed Term contract until 31st March 2022
Closing Date: Midnight 29/11/2020
Interview Date: W/C 7/12/2020
Do you want to end homelessness and make a positive difference to people’s lives? Are you highly motivated and looking for a challenge? Then join us as a Support Worker in our Tenancy Sustainment Team.
Thames Reach are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in delivery of our services.
Our Tenancy Sustainment Team are supporting service users to sustain their accommodation and achieve their aspirations.
Thames Reach are recruiting to fill a variety of posts within our floating support service for former rough sleepers, and we are looking for applications from people new to the homelessness sector and experienced case workers or managers.
These vacancies would suit:
- People interested in moving into frontline positions working with former rough sleepers
- Workers with experience of client work, and an understanding of supporting clients to sustain their accommodation and engage positively with their local community
- Workers with experience of supporting and motivating service users to engage with primary care services and employment, training and education
- People who are able to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationship with key stakeholders e.g. referral agencies and registered social landlords
- Those with administration experience who would like to work to support a key front line homelessness service.
You will play a key role in the development of our services and your work will contribute to influencing the future of service provision across the UK.
Successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated, committed and organised and show that they have the excellent communication and creative problem solving skills needed to create options for people where these may be hard to find.
There will be an expectation to work autonomously as well as within a team, to be confident in creating and working through action plans, have strong time management skills and to be strongly outcome focused.
Work will involve office work and work in the community.
- The ability to provide a flexible and responsive service to former rough sleepers and / or service users with insecure tenancies
- Excellent communication and creative problem solving skills.
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- The ability to follow instructions and manage risk.
- The Ability to use IT systems to communicate and record your work.
As well as a great working environment we can also offer:
- Support and training to develop your skills.
- Learning & Development opportunities including (Tuition Aid & Management Training)
- 5% non-contributory pension
- Flexible working
- 29 days annual leave
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.