At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
This is an exciting opportunity to join as a Support Worker at the Green House service based in Hackney London, a project we deliver in partnership with Hackney council where we assess clients’ needs under the Homeless Reduction Act legislation and support them with their immediate housing needs.
In this role you will assess a caseload of clients and refer them onto temporary accommodation or the private rented sector. The client group will vary in the support they require, some will only need support with housing while others will have substance use and or mental health support needs too.
You will be motivated and confident at liaising with clients and professionals, you will work autonomously and as part of a team and have good time management skills and an ability to accurately record work.
- Organised and efficient in your work
- Excellent at communicating and problem solving
- Confident in your ability to support clients
- Confident in using a computer and a range of software packages
- Responsive and flexible to the needs of the team and the clients
As well as a great working environment we also offer:
- 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee pension contribution
- development opportunities
- 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- reimbursement of the cost of annual eye test
- season ticket/cycle loan
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Closing Date: 29th September 2021
For more information and to apply please visit our website.