The successful Project Manager will work directly with our global Vodafone partners and subject matter experts to expand the Bright Sky mobile app and website into new regions. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the growth of the only global domestic abuse app of its kind.
Our Team Values:
- Passion driven and dedicated to sustainable change.
- Committed to listening and learning knowing this makes us stronger when we lead and speak.
- Tirelessly place survivors and those with lived experienced at the heart of what we do.
- Maintain integrity through compassion, consistency, and transparency.
This is what the Global Project Manager will do at Thames Valley Partnership:
- Work in line with our values.
- Project manage the roll-outs of new Bright Sky Global mobile applications and websites.
- Manage relationships with global partners and stakeholders and coordinate the localisation of Bright Sky offerings to fit cultural and legal practice.
- Work as the central point of management with developers, key stakeholders and global partners to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and to expected quality standards.
- Streamline and update spreadsheets, diagrams, process maps and other project deliverables to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process to the clients.
- Attend and lead regular internal and external touch-points, including attendance at global steering committees and working groups.
- Track project performance and provide Head of Programmes with regular progress reports to ensure the successful completion of long and short term goals.
- Operate daily within DA field.
- Respect and value the diversity of the community and culture in which our products will be delivered.
- Recognise the needs and concerns of a diverse range of clients ensuring the service is accessible to all.
- Respect and uphold the value and necessity of intersectionality within domestic abuse and sexual violence prevention and safeguarding, across all areas of work.
- Attend training as required to develop and maintain proficiency.
- Be available outside of normal working hours to take meetings with global markets (as required).
This is what you will bring as the Bright Sky Global Project Manager at Thames Valley Partnership:
- Proven experience as a project manager.
- Experience leading project teams and seeing projects through to completion, within scheduled deadlines.
- Experience of collaborating with various stakeholders and maintaining positive working relationships.
- Can motivate individuals and agencies to move through courses of action and decision-making processes.
- Has excellent communication, negotiation and advisory skills, both written and verbal.
- Is a solution rather than problem focussed project manager.
- Plans and prioritises work effectively, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills, with an attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Has the ability to gauge success through gathering data and providing detailed progress reports.
- Can proactively mitigate project risks.
- Experienced with remote working and communicating through and using digital technology- global experience a benefit.
- Act with integrity, patience and respect when working with all clients, agencies and individuals.
- An empathetic and kind human who is committed to equal opportunities and diversity issues in policy and practice.
- An interest and understanding of domestic abuse and the desire and willingness to improve learnings or experience of working in the domestic abuse field.
All Workers have a responsibility to work with colleagues in maintaining service delivery, general related tasks will be discussed during the interview process and upon appointment of role.
It is the nature of the work that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances unpredictable and varied. All employees are therefore be expected to work in a flexible way and tasks which are not specifically covered in their job description may have to be undertaken.
Who are Thames Valley Partnership?
Thames Valley Partnership is an established charity of over 27 years, delivering a range of services to support those who are vulnerable or at risk of exclusion. We work to develop long-term solutions to the issues of crime and social exclusion and work at both practical and strategic level to influence policy and share good practice. We run market leading technological programmes that help change and save the lives of survivors of domestic abuse and deliver specialised training to professionals and organisations to ensure we all play our part
Bright Sky is an app and webpage that supports anyone concerned about domestic abuse. As the only global app of its kind, it is leading the way in technological responses to domestic abuse.
To apply please submit an up-to-date C.V and cover letter via the link.
For this role you will need:
- To be free from any criminal conviction which would conflict with the responsibilities of the post; you may be required to have a DBS Enhanced disclosure.
- To be able to deal with all information on a confidential basis and understand data protection requirements.
- To have Citizenship of the UK or have entitlement to work in the UK
Thames Valley Partnership is committed to equality and diversity. While not a requirement for application, we do encourage those of black and ethnic minority background, people with disabilities and the LGBTQIA+ community to apply for this role.
Thames Valley Partnership is an equal opportunities employer; the aim of our policy is to ensure no job applicant, employee or worker is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability. We do not disbar applicants with criminal convictions and are mindful of the requirements of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, 1974.
Please submit your updated C.V and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this role via the link.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.