If you’re an outgoing, motivated, energetic, articulate, resilient and commercially aware individual who has hands-on experience of leading groups in outdoor environmental activities, and you want to prospect for business, book, plan, and lead a wide range of corporate volunteering activities on the tidal Thames and its tributaries, get in touch! You'll join us at the frontline of tackling the climate and nature emergency.
Hands-on experience, environmental knowledge, commercial awareness and good administrative skills are equally important. This is a physically demanding and fast-paced job with plenty of responsibility which will suit an ambitious person who is early in their environmental career or someone who wishes to change direction. Thames21 is growing, so there is good potential for career progression and building a team. You will be joining an ambitious, fast-growing, supportive and passionately committed team.
- Experience of managing and delivering volunteer activities in outdoor settings
- A good knowledge of rivers and local environmental quality issues
- Drive, initiative, and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness and excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ideally, some experience and understanding of corporate structures
- Full clean driving licence and the confidence to drive a long wheelbase van around London
- Competence with MS Word & Excel and experience of a CRM for communication and data analysis.
Thames21 wishes to reflect the diverse communities it serves and encourages applicants from all sections of the community. Training will be given in leading group activities outdoors on rivers. Because of the extensive travel involved, applications are invited from candidates who live within the Greater London area. Thames21 will only recruit within the stated salary band for this role. Thames21 offers flexible working.
To apply, send your CV with a covering letter highlighting how your skills and experience fit with this exciting role by 5pm Friday 3 December. Please state your current salary, give names of 2 referees to approach if your application is successful, and state whether you are a British citizen OR are an Overseas National with permission to work in the UK, stating what kind of permission you have if the latter. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 14 December.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.