Thamesmead School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial School Business Manager into our friendly and thriving school. The successful applicant will work with the Senior Leadership Team, to drive the school forward to further improvements, making a difference to the education and opportunities of our students every day.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. The key purpose of this role is to give strategic vision to all aspects of finance, income generation, HR, premises and provision of IT. You will lead the effective provision and operation of the School’s financial management including forecast planning and procurement, and you will seek to drive best value in all School operations and contracts. Thamesmead School is a stand-alone academy, so we have considerable freedom to set and control our own budgets and to use the funding we receive in the best interests of our students. You will find creative ways to help us achieve our educational objectives within our budgets.
Our school vision is based on four cornerstones. Through our work we seek to commit to excellence, nurture individuals, build respect for our community, and fulfil potential. We want this to be as true for our staff as well as our pupils.
We are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager who will embrace the opportunity to support our students to fulfil their potential through the leadership of this significant area of the school. You will be a strategic and committed individual, already successful in managing aspects of staffing, premises and finance. You may already have business management experience either in a school, or you may have worked in similar areas of responsibility outside the educational sector.
The successful candidate will be:
- A strategic thinker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in business, finance and resources management
- Preferably experienced in Academy or school finances
- Able to relate to and build trust with a variety of stakeholders
- Skilled at managing people and systems
- The ability to work and maintain focus under pressure, and to tight deadlines
- Confident in using new technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
In return we can offer you:
- A warm and vibrant school community
- Support of a strong Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team
- Further training and support with your career advancement. Including support to complete the Diploma for School Business Managers for candidates without.
Applicants will be required to complete an application form, please contact the school to be sent one.