We are looking for a talented Fundraiser to help us maximise all available opportunities and build a sustainable long term growth programme at The 2 Minute Foundation. You’ll have a passion for the environment and climate communication and be able to work flexibly and initially remotely, and have a readiness to travel to events across the UK and to staff meetings in the South West (mainly Bude and North Devon).
The Fundraising Manager will play a central role in the overall income generation strategy
that will diversify our channels and audiences to meet our organisational objectives.
You will be responsible for stewarding a current pipeline of donors whilst also identifying and prioritising prospect fundraising opportunities through individual and community giving, grants and trusts, corporate (COTY) and legacy giving.
Your impressive donor acquisition portfolio and a talent for building and nurturing great working relationships means that you’ll get started right away. Fundraising appeals and campaign concepts excite you and you’ll want to take the donors on a meaningful journey for them to become lifelong supporters. This will all be made possible by the fundraising tool kit that you’ll build which will also include monitoring and evaluation reporting for continual improvement as we grow.
You’ll wear different hats ranging from managing the CRM to sifting through data from our app, to writing a funding bid to planning the next digital giving campaign. Your creativity and initiative will help to implement new approaches and ideas and you’ll work with the comms teams to ensure each output has a CTA.
To confidently communicate with the public is second nature to you and you’ll positively influence and persuade people to support The 2 Minute Foundation at exhibitions and events.
- Build on the current portfolio of trusts and grants and research suitable prospects
- Improve supporter retention rates and future gift rates
- Manage all processes to maximize income, impact and supporter satisfaction
- Manage the CRM database and maximize its capabilities for fundraising by creating and editing records, managing mailings, recording communications, producing reports and extracting information
- Implement the Fundraising strategy by working closely with the COO
- Provide the relevant information and support to donors ensuring the mailing of materials and resources are kept up to date with relevant news and projects
- Set, hit and exceed KPI’s as agreed from the outset
- Develop partnerships to grow community fundraising income, including schools, groups, etc
- Represent The 2 Minute Foundation on various networking platforms
- Nurture audiences by using a range of digital and print media channels
- Work on projections with the COO and targets year on year
- Expand our low-level giving offering
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, procedures, regulatory standards and compliance guidelines
- Experience of raising funds in a community setting
- Ability to provide excellent stewardship
- Demonstrable experience of managing a broad range of community fundraising activities and events
- Sound communication skills
- Your own vehicle
- Microsoft 365 experience
- CRM experience – Beacon or similar
The role is initially remotely based and will become hybrid (terms will be agreed upon the 6 month period) once our office has been built in Bude (due to complete in Summer 2022). You will be expected to travel to events and occasional stafff meetings, so your own transport is essential.
The position is for 22.5 hours a week and you would need to provide some flexibility to meet with the needs of the charity. The contract will be extended if targets are met.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.