We are looking for a confident and caring individual with previous management and operational experience and a flexible, enthusiastic, can-do attitude to join our team as the House Manager. Reporting regularly to the Board of Trustees, the House Manager will line-manage our team of housekeepers and manage all aspects of the service provided to our elderly residents in our Supported Sheltered House in Streatham. The position has become vacant as our current House Manager is retiring.
The Abbeyfield (Streatham) Society Limited is committed to providing the highest standards of accommodation and support to our residents. Our house in Streatham provides supported sheltered housing for six residents who each enjoy their own space and independence, but also the company of others, sharing 2 meals a day together cooked by our wonderful team of housekeepers.
As a charity, the interests of our valued staff and residents sit at the heart of what we do. We have been established for over 25 years. We are affiliated with The Abbeyfield Society, a wider network of similar homes, and they inspect our home regularly to ensure it meets their standards of providing excellent care for older people.
The ideal candidate will have previous management experience, and some experience of working in a care or support environment. Good communication skills, both written and verbal are essential, as are excellent organisation skills, IT skills, practical / problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently. Employment is subject to completion of an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, due to working with vulnerable adults.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent job satisfaction, each day knowing that you are making a direct difference to the lives of residents and staff.
- A varied and interesting role with both people-facing and office-based work.
- A competitive salary: £18,750 - £21,875 (FTE £30,000 - £35,000)
- 140 hours holiday entitlement (equivalent to 20 x 5 hour days and 8 bank holidays).
- Employer pension scheme
- Potential for flexibility of working hours as agreed with the Trustees.
- Hours of work (p/w): 25 (usually 5 hours/day Mon-Fri unless otherwise agreed)
- Place of work: 28 Conyers Road, London, SW16 6LT
For full details, please download our full job description and person specification.
Application deadline: midnight on Sunday 5th December
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.