VACANCY: The Access Project University Access Officer - various regions including Bradford, London, East Midlands, West Midlands
How to apply:
- Applications close: 9am Monday 5th July 2021
- Starting salary: £21,000 (plus £2,000 London weighting for London roles), rising by £1,000 after 6 months and £1,000 after 12 months subject to performance (pro rata for part-time roles)
- Job Locations/contracts: full-time roles in London, East Midlands, West Midlands and Bradford
- Academic requirements: University degree or significant professional experience
- Interview date: w/c 12th July. All interviews will take place online and will consist of a panel-based interview, a student facing activity and an in-tray task
- Start date: Monday 16th August. Please note that this is not negotiable
About the roles
We have a number of exciting opportunities at The Access Project for University Access Officers in various regions including London and both East & West Midlands. Please see the specific links from our website to the online job description and application form for further information.
UAOs manage the day-to-day running of the programme in The Access Project’s partner schools. They work closely with students, staff at all levels, tutors, and with the rest of The Access Project’s team to ensure that the delivery of the programme is optimised. The programme has been carefully designed with the intention that all interactions have a positive impact on a student’s chances of getting into a top university. It is the responsibility of the UAO to deliver all the activities which make up our programme. This includes managing tutor and student pairings as well as delivering and recording in-school activities.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on the front line of addressing educational disadvantage, as well as benefiting from opportunities to become involved in the wider work of The Access Project as it continues to expand.
Please note, as a minimum requirement, applicants will:
- Be able to commit for the duration of the 2-year programme
- Have a university degree or significant professional experience
- Have the right to work in the UK
To Apply - For more detailed information and how to apply for the various UAO vacancies available in different regions, please complete an online application form via the links on our website. Please note that specific locations in each region are yet to be confirmed. All application questions must be completed in full. CVs cannot be accepted or considered as part of the application process.