The Access to Justice Foundation is looking for a skilled administrator to join our small, friendly team at a crucial and exciting time for the charity. This is an opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about pro bono legal services to support us by increasing our impact in the sector.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, energetic, motivated, and shares our commitment to access to justice. The ideal candidate will be a good team player, who works well with others and is willing to compromise. You will need to have an eye for detail, excellent interpersonal skills and be very organised.
The qualities you will need, in no particular order:
- Enthusiasm for the cause and our work
- Experience of administration
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise a varied and busy workload
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills
- Confidence with IT including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet
- Professional, reliable and responsible
- Understanding of the free legal advice and/or pro bono sectors
- Understanding of the legal profession
- Finance experience
- Understanding and experience of the voluntary sector
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience of using databases
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- General office administration and support to the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive, including diary management
- Administering the Foundation’s fundraising schemes, including unclaimed client accounts, and case work relating to pro bono costs orders
- Ensuring donations are appropriately acknowledged and that supporters are kept informed about the Foundation’s work, in accordance with their preferences
- Administering grants rounds and ensuring reporting compliance in relation to grants given and received by the Foundation
- Administering finances, including record keeping re payment of incoming and outgoing funds, dealing with invoices and other expenses, supported by the Foundation’s part time Finance Manager
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Foundation’s volunteer recruitment and management process
- Ensuring all incoming enquiries and correspondence are dealt with correctly and in a timely manner
- Maintaining databases as required
- Taking minutes, organising meetings for the Board and ancillary committees
- Co-ordinating the office IT requirements
- Other tasks commensurate with the post
Please see the attached role specification for a full description of duties and responsibilities
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter of no more than two pages of A4, addressing your motivation to apply and how you fit the criteria outlined.
Please note that incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
Closing date: Sunday 20th October 2019 at 23:59
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 28th October 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.