The Action Group is about ‘no barriers – for all of life’. We offer support and advice to over 1700 children, young people and adults across East Central Scotland: Edinburgh, Falkirk, West Lothian, Midlothian and East Lothian.
We are a big team and our Support Workers play a vital role in the lives of the people we support to encounter no barriers in their chosen lifestyle, and to follow a path of choice and enrich their opportunities.
- We have full-time, part-time and casual vacancies available.
- £20,376 – £21,189 per annum, pro rata and based on 39-hour work week.
- Casual hourly rate: £10.02 per hour.
- Sleepover payment of £80.16. Sleepovers are not counted as part of your contracted hours, and are paid in addition to your regular salary.
We are looking for people who are caring, fun, motivated, creative and great at problem solving. The people we support want workers who are friendly, practically minded and are great communicators. The ideal candidate will be fully committed to The Action Group’s values of equality, inclusion and opportunity for all.
We tailor the support we provide according to each person’s needs and wishes. The job can include anything from supporting people to get out and about, taking care of themselves and their homes, and going about their lives in general, to support with work, health and well-being, or attending and participating in activities.
No experience is required since we will provide bespoke training and support you in achieving relevant qualifications. In fact, many of our support workers go on to complete formal qualifications in social care as they develop their professional skills!
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, bespoke training and development opportunities
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.