Maternity Leave - 9 Months - Community Development Worker - 20 Hours P/W
The Active Wellbeing Society (TAWS) is a community benefit society and cooperative working to develop healthy, happy communities living active and connected lives.
Our vision is for a society where people have the autonomy, capacity, resources and skills to become the architects of their own destiny; where our individual wellbeing is recognised as being bound up in our collective responsibility to and dependency on each other; and where all of us feel empowered as agents of social change to make a difference – whether at an individual level or more widely.
By working collaboratively with communities we aim to bring about sustainable change on an social, environmental and economic level; to do the social knitting required to create stronger and more resilient communities and to support communities to identify, mitigate and remove the barriers that prevent them from living active and connected lives.
You will be responsible in supporting the Activity Manager for Communities and Placemaking, for the operational planning and delivery of community based interventions that focus on community development, tactical urbanism and placemaking that ensure wellbeing outcomes for our target audience and places that support people and communities to be physically active, in an Active Environment working with communities.
- Work with communities, and system authorities and with positive disruption to gain support for and implement ways to help those who have the greatest barriers to community participation and to establish sustainable community models/structures for community level agency
- Understand and use asset-based community development approaches to community development and work with communities to understand priorities and co-design initiatives. This should also include working ‘with’ not ‘doing to’ communities and community organisations.
- Design and deliver a coherent delivery plan. This would include designing and delivering innovative ways to engage those with the greatest barriers to participation, including digital engagement
- Ensure plans and approach are linked to and influencing system change through system leadership at community level
- Proactive demonstration of innovation, leadership and delivery in field of work
- Work in partnership and collaboration with wider stakeholders, community group/organisation and activists and influence these.
- Project manage contracts including making recommendations for necessary decisions. This may include some direct or indirect budget management.
- Act to encourage develop and shape a community who engage in decision making, participate in activism toward locally co-designed plans to aid wellbeing
- Monitor and evaluation – To carry out effective performance monitoring of all activity working with the Knowledge and Insight team.
- Ensure the compliance with data capture systems and processes
- Teamwork -To work within the team and the wider organisation to support the values of the organisation and to ensure that citizens are central to the work that is been delivered.
- Demonstrates an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Takes initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities.
- Absorbs and applies technical information.
- Has a thorough understanding of their role and how it relates to other roles and to the business of the employer
- Has defined areas of responsibility.
- Due to experience gained may provide guidance to more junior or less experienced staff.
- May produce non-standard letters or reports.
- May be responsible for a defined part of a project, small internal business project or a new process.
- Uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems.
- Performs a broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of environments.
- Accountable for delivering assigned tasks within broader projects.
- Operate as a competent professional with minimum supervision.
- Has limited decision-making scope on how tasks are to be fulfilled.
- Bring your own device - £20 towards your phone bill monthly.
- Health Shield – discounted health benefit against eye examinations/prescriptions.
- +Plus EAP (counseling and DRs on call 24hrs a day)
- Death in Service – 4 times your salary paid to beneficiary.
- Nest Pension – 8% paid by TAWS 3 % paid by employee.
- Annual Leave – 25-29 days AL plus 5 wellbeing days
- Flexible working.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.