This role is being recruited by the trading subsidiary of the Active Wellbeing Society - Active Wellbeing Works Limited
Salary: £36,000 per annum
Hours: 36.5 hours per week
Contract Type: 1 year Fixed term contract
Location: We are flexible as to where you are based (remote home working). The role involves regular travel across the UK including visiting new and existing partners, attending meetings, and carrying out site-visits and may include occasional overnight stays. As part of this role there will be a requirement to travel across the South of England including London (locations south of Birmingham). There will be a requirement to visit our Head Office in Birmingham multiple times a month.
Introduction to The Active Wellbeing Society
The Active Wellbeing Society (TAWS) are a community benefit society and cooperative working to tackle inequality and promote community wellbeing. Our work with communities cuts across a wide range of policy agendas – from health and social care to transport and planning, community cohesion to climate action, jobs and skills to physical activity – and is increasingly recognised nationally as demonstrating best practice in reaching and supporting those from our most disadvantaged communities and achieving significant system and behaviour change.
You may like to watch this introductory video which showcases the positive work of The Active Wellbeing Society: TAWS Launch October 2018 - YouTube
The Big Bike Project
Our Big Bike Project (formerly Big Birmingham Bikes) has demonstrated significant impact on supporting active travel behaviour change – particularly within deprived communities – as well as system change within transport, planning and physical activity. We’re now working with partners across the country to share our expertise and develop a national free bikes movement.
Introduction to the role
As Regional Development Manager (Active Travel Specialism), you will support The Active Wellbeing Society to share our experience and expertise with partners across the country by identifying opportunities for influence and development, building relationships with key stakeholders, promoting our work, and securing funding in support of our charitable objectives.
This role, based in the Funding & Strategy team, will have a specific focus on promoting our Active Travel/Cycling work and subject matter expertise in this area is required. The postholder will also develop a strong understanding of the wide range of services that we offer and be able to identify opportunities for collaboration across the organisation, drawing in relevant stakeholders as required.
1. Respond to opportunities across the region including tenders and grants, but also generating new leads and identifying prospective partners/funders
2. Develop strong relationships with all key contacts and influencers within the region and positively contribute to raising TAWS’ profile
3. Understand key policy developments and their impact on business development opportunities within the region
4. Engage with existing partners/funders to maximise opportunities and secure funding
5. Ensure all key contacts are aware of The Active Wellbeing Society services and expertise, particularly our expertise in Active Travel behaviour change programmes
6. Provide innovative thinking wherever possible and have the vision to see opportunities and add value
7. Provide technical advice and support to local authorities interested in procuring services in our areas of work, including through producing feasibility studies and reports
8. Produce compelling proposals and presentations that contain and highlight strong business case information
9. Work with the marketing team to produce appropriate resources to support our business development
10. Write engaging applications for bids and tenders that meet requirements
11. Engage with the wider team – including finance, HR and delivery teams – to provide fully costed quotes/budgets and proposals in response to opportunities
12. Build and manage an opportunity pipeline ensuring relevant teams are engaged and kept informed
13. Manage the successful handover of new business to relevant teams ensuring a high-quality service to all our existing and potential partners/funders at all times.
Knowlege & Skills required
1. Understanding of best practice within active travel, cycling and behaviour change initiatives
2. Experience of securing funding and business opportunities within the region
3. Understanding of funding opportunities in the region and key stakeholders
4. Proven communication skills – including ability to speak confidently at events, network and deliver engaging presentations
5. Ability to proofread and excellent attention to detail
6. Experience in project management and planning, including developing budgets and managing contracts
7. Experience of navigating public sector procurement and contracts
8. Experience of preparing funding bids or proposals - particularly within a public sector context
9. Ability to build successful working relationships and work collaboratively with partners, both internal and external
10. A passion for tackling inequality and promoting community wellbeing.
- Nest Pension – 8% employer contribution - 3 % employee contribution.
- Heath Cash Plan – giving you discounts on everyday healthcare such as dental, optical, physio, prescriptions & more.
- Employee Assistance Programme (counselling and DRs on call 24hrs a day)
- Death in Service – x4 your salary paid to beneficiary.
- Annual Leave – 25 days FTE (increasing to 29 days with service) plus 5 wellbeing days
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working options
- Bring your own device - £20 towards your phone bill monthly
- Fantastic volunteering opportunities within TAWS every month
Please submit a Cover Letter and CV.
Application Closing date: 19th December 2021
Due to the high numbers of applications we received for our job vacancies, we may close application windows early, so we would encourage you to submit your application ASAP
Successful applicants will be required to be DBS checked prior to starting.
Thank you for your interest in working for The Active Wellbeing Society, we look forward to receiving your application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.