The Advonet Group is a Leeds-based charity which delivers a range of advocacy services and which exists to empower people facing disadvantage to have their voices heard, their rights respected and to be able to live their lives, as they choose.
As an organisation, we have expanded the scope and scale of our work considerably over the last 10 years and have ambitious plans to develop over the period ahead.
We currently have a turnover of £2m, 80 staff and over 100 volunteers.
We are looking for a qualified accountant to help us to develop an entrepreneurial culture by engaging the whole organisation to become more financially aware.
In addition, if appointed, you will:
- Oversee The Advonet Group’s financial management and accounting
- Ensure legal compliance and efficacy of the charity’s governance arrangements
- Take overall responsibility for Information Governance
- Lead the development of the organisation’s finance and resources strategy
- Oversee and supervise the Finance Team
The role is based at our offices on Roundhay Road on the outskirts of the City Centre.
What’s on offer:
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Staff counselling and assistance scheme
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for part-time hours) and flexible working
We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with experience and knowledge of the voluntary and community sector. Although this is not essential, you will need to demonstrate a desire to work in this sector.
To apply for this role please complete the Advonet Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which can be found on the links on the Advonet Group's website, along with a detailed job description and person specification (CVs will not be accepted).
For an informal conversation about the role and the organisation, please contact Chief Executive Philip Bramson by calling the number on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.