This is a part time role; three full days (9am – 5pm) per week, working closely with and reporting directly to the Finance Manager.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative role, knowledge of accounts and bookkeeping or a financial background.
You will be proficient in QuickBooks/QuickBooks Online, possess advanced excel skills and confident presenting financial information in a clear and concise format for non-financial users.
A high standard of effective written and oral communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to co-operate effectively are key. Proactive and solution orientated, you will be adaptable and resourceful working on your own initiative as well as collaboratively.
You must possess a flexible and conscientious approach to responsibilities, the ability to prioritise tasks and meet stringent deadlines.
Experience of working within a charity or not for profit organisations and an understanding of restricted and unrestricted grants and funding are desirable.
- Bookkeeping duties including sales ledger, purchase ledger, processing payment schedules, payroll, receipts and daily banking.
- Ensure correct coding and posting of all income and expenditure.
- Maintaining all bank accounts; posting all transactions and reconciliations.
- Ensure timely receipt of grants and funding in line with bids and projects.
- Assist Fundraising Manager with maintaining records of grants and other fundraising income.
- Maintaining petty cash, petty cash imprest, posting transactions and reconciliations.
- Confident communicating and liaising internally up to Trustee level and with external stakeholders including funders, customers, auditors, Local Authorities and suppliers.
- Assist with the annual budget process, cash flow statements, preparation of annual accounts and schedules.
- Assist with maintaining GDPR documentation, procedures and compliance.
- Maintain accurate Gift Aid records, including processing Gift Aid income and submitting Gift Aid claims.
The Ahoy Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all staff, beneficiaries and service users.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
All interested applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Please send a cover letter along with your CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.