AHOY is a watersports based charity changing lives and building life skills through sailing and rowing and we are looking for a passionate individual with a strong financial background to join our Leadership Team. Based at our Centre, sitting on the Thames at Greenwich/Deptford, this is a great opportunity to really make a difference.
The Finance and Charity Services Manager is responsible for ensuring effective financial planning, management and control within AHOY and for compliance with Charity, company and other relevant regulations. This role also has overall responsibility for the provision of effective IT systems, and for ensuring compliance with GDPR.
The job holder works closely with other members of AHOY’s Leadership Team and reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
The job-holder coordinates all financial processing and provides support to the finance administrator.
This is a part time role.
Salary: 30,000-35,000 (depending on skills and experience - pro-rated)
Reports to: Board of Trustees
AHOY Dept: Finance and Charity Services
Internal: AHOY Treasurer and Board of Trustees; Programmes Delivery Manager; Fundraising Manager; Charity Support Manager
External: Auditors, suppliers, service users, funders/donors
Job Specification & Responsibilities:
· Ensure AHOY maintains up-to-date accounting records; provide support to staff undertaking transaction processing and bookkeeping; ensure finance systems are fit for purpose and facilitate accounting for restricted / unrestricted funds.
· Ensure there are clear and comprehensive Finance Procedures and that adequate internal financial controls are in place. Monitor compliance with finance procedures and provide additional guidance & training to support AHOY staff in complying. Review procedures and controls at least annually.
· In particular, ensure adequate procedures for authorising, coding, and making payments for all expenditure and for receiving and accounting correctly for all income due.
· Support the AHOY Treasurer with maintaining a full, up-do-date understanding of AHOY’s financial position. Prepare reports and documents for Finance Committee and Board meetings
· Contribute to the development of strategy, business planning and major projects; developing projections and finance models.
· Work with Programme Delivery Manager, Charity Services Manager, Fundraising Manager and other staff to prepare the annual budget. Ensure monthly management accounts are prepared and reviewed with AHOY managers and significant variances are investigated. Present the latest report to the Finance Committee / Board.
- Support the Fundraising Manager by providing financial information for grant applications and regular reports to funders. Maintain an up-to-date overview of current grant funding. Ensure grant income is posted correctly.
· Lead the relationship with AHOY’s auditors; ensure all necessary information is provided for the preparation of statutory accounts.
· Manage monthly payment of salaries. Provide all necessary information to payroll agency and ensure payments are made on the due date. Ensure freelance contract staff invoices contain required details, are correctly authorised and paid in accordance with agreed monthly deadlines.
· Manage relationship with third party IT suppliers to ensure effective IT systems and provision.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with GDPR.
Interaction with AHOY Senior Management (Leadership Team)
- Work with AHOY senior managers to set and monitor budgets, ensuring they have all appropriate information and support.
- Lead by example to create a culture of financial awareness and accountability and to maintain good relationships with all staff, contractors, service users, donors and funders.
- Any other duties required by the Trustees.
Special Conditions of Service:
The role is 2-3 days a week; actual hours are flexible. The job-holder is required to attend six evening Trustee meetings a year and other meetings as required.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.