JD – Marketing and Fundraising Officer- The Akshaya Patra Foundation UK
We are passionate about creating a positive impact to end the hunger problem in the world. We run the world’s largest free mid-day school meal programme, feeding nearly 2 million children daily across 12 states in India to enable these children to go to school. We also run feeding programs for holiday clubs in the UK along with feeding the homeless on the streets of London and the UK.
We’re looking for a confident, result-oriented individual who is a team player and is willing to roll up sleeves to get things done. The candidate must excellent communication skills and English language proficiency. He/she must have the right to live and work in the UK. Knowledge of other Indian languages is preferred.
Role and Responsibilities:
Marketing and Outreach:
- The candidate shall have expertise to take the lead on creating digital content and social media marketing.
- Design appropriate creatives to be published on various platforms, working closely with the Marketing teams. Skills on Canva, Photoshop, Adobe and Advanced Microsoft office.
- Manage the charity’s website content with the IT support team. Improving website interface and bigger changes via web agency.
- Creating new marketing collateral and supplies as needed e.g. T-shirts, banners etc
- Utilise current marketing assets and help develop new ones for communications and outreach e.g. updating TAPF Introduction, Infographic, Restaurant/Corporate/University/School Collaterals.
Fundraising Events and campaigns:
- Reach out to community organisations, collectives, institutions for collaboration opportunities.
- Lead and organize more fundraising events for instance Bake Sales or working with universities, corporates and schools.
- Create and update fundraising materials as needed. Ensuring all marketing supplies are replenished at all times.
- Telephone briefings to our donors through insightful targeting and messaging via emails and letters (MailChimp/Post).
- Design quarterly newsletters along with the marketing team and ensure timely production
- Proactively seek opportunities to delight the donors, understanding that every contact point is an opportunity to positively influence how supporters feel about the charity.
Event Management and support campaigns:
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist the team in the production and maintenance of project plans.
- Lead community and partner events individually and confidentially. The candidate shall be willing to occasionally attend evening programmes or weekend events.
- Excellent English language proficiency (written and verbal). Knowledge of an additional Indian language preferred
- Photoshop Advanced
- Microsoft Office Advanced
- Strong Time Management, Stakeholder Management and Admin Skills
- Willingness to work in the evening occasionally for an event or weekends will be preferred.