The Alan Turing Institute
The Alan Turing Institute is the UK’s national institute for data science and artificial intelligence. The Institute is named in honour of the scientist Alan Turing and its mission is to make great leaps in data science and artificial intelligence research in order to change the world for the better.
The HR & Payroll Administrator will be responsible for providing the full range of people and payroll administrative services for the Alan Turing Institute. They will be responsible for timely, accurate and efficient administration, logistics, and record-keeping, while working closely with the rest of the team to deliver efficient and engaging support to both research and operational staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and update the HR system (Cezanne) & personal files for all employees, ensuring they are up to date and accurate;
- Manage both internal and external HR & Benefits systems, ensuring employees are added and removed in a timely fashion;
- Ad hoc support across the HR & Operations teams;
- Monitoring proof of right to work to ensure that this is up to date and valid;
- Typing, processing, and sending contract changes e.g. changes in hours and recalculating holiday entitlement;
- Raise purchase orders in relations to invoices raised for recruitment and core overhead costs.
New Starter Administration
- Ensure all pre-employment, reference & background checks are completed, this includes ensuring timely submission of candidates' screening and identity documentation, and monitoring completion; as well as completing audits and monitoring expiry;
- Management of the HR Inbox, ensuring all emails are responded to in a timely and engaging manner;
- Ensure that general enquiries and correspondence such as reference letters, mortgage/tenancy applications etc are dealt with promptly.
- Maintain and update the payroll system;
- Ensure all changes are inputted and recorded correctly in line with agreed payroll processes and procedures;
- Acting as first point of contact for all payroll queries, liaising with the HR Advisor and the HR Business Partner and escalating more complex queries to payroll provider Moorepay.
- Experience in a HR/Payroll Administration role or similar
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of employment law legislation and best practice
- Proficient IT skills, including Microsoft excel
- Experience of HR databases
- Proven track record of working in a dynamic and growing business
- Proactive and engaging approach to building stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Process driven with an organised approach to work
- The ability to multitask and prioritise a large workload
- A professional approach to work
- Experience in a Research/Higher Education institution
Term and Conditions
This full-time post is offered on a permanent basis. The annual salary for this post is £25,000 plus excellent benefits, including flexible working and family friendly policies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the apply button below. You will need to register on the applicant portal and complete the application form including your CV, covering letter and contact details for your referees.
Closing date for applications: 21 July 2020
Equality Diversity and Inclusion
The Alan Turing Institute is committed to creating an environment where diversity is valued and everyone is treated fairly. In accordance with the Equality Act, we welcome applications from anyone who meets the specific criteria of the post regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation. Reasonable adjustments are available to support candidates through the application and interview process. Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Please note all offers of employment are subject to continuous eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory pre-employment security screening which includes a DBS Check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.