We are looking for someone to lead on an exciting project to redesign our approach to data, impact and evaluation as part of fully funded project. Amber’s cause is to help some of the most vulnerable young homeless and unemployed people to develop the confidence and skills needed to move on to bright and independent futures. We achieve this through our holistic residential training programme. It is important that you have a real commitment to the aspirations of the people who use Amber’s services and place these at the centre of everything you do.
You will join us at an exciting time and have an important role to play in building on the great start we have made over recent years in developing the way we use data to evaluate our impact and use this learning to shape the way we work.
The purpose of the role is to lead on the design, and implementation and of a new system of data collection and impact measurement for the Foundation. This will be a collaborative project working alongside our staff teams and beneficiaries and engaging with key stakeholders to co-design all aspects of a new process. This will involve evaluating the way work with young people through our programme ,revisiting our theory of change, identifying key metrics and leading on the configuration and implementation of a new CRM system to make the best use of the data available to us inform us about work and drive a process of continual improvement.
Reporting to the CEO, the Impact and Evaluation Project Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing a new data, impact and evaluation strategy across Amber, to include:
- Designing and implementing an approach to evaluation that enables us to measure impact and continuously improve our services to young people
- Working with SMT colleagues to review our theory of change in collaboration with key Amber staff and stake holders
- Working with SMT colleagues to review our beneficiary profile and programme content and structure, ensuring that we can make effective use of insights gained to inform our approach to impact measurement
- Work with key staff identify key measurements, metrics and outcomes
- Identifying a suitable Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) system for the Foundation
- Working with the CRM supplier and key Amber staff in supporting the development ,customisation and roll out of the new system
- Oversee the initial development and “ bedding in” of our CRM over its initial implementation period
- Ensuring that at the end of the project period, Amber has the right processes and systems in place for collecting, analysing and reporting data.
- Creating and embedding processes and tools to enable this data to be updated and shared efficiently and in a format that “tells a story” about the impact Amber has.
- Leading on building a data and impact-aware culture across the Foundation
- Ensuring that appropriate milestone reporting requirements and other engagement requirements initiated by our funding partner are met
We are looking for an experienced and driven individual able to play a leading role in the next stage of our impact development. You will have:
- A commitment to our vision, mission and values
- Proven expertise in data management, evaluation and impact reporting and project management
- A sound understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing our beneficiaries
- The ability to move between seamlessly between strategic thinking and operational delivery and contribute to both
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to form positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from a range of backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex data and processes simply and with impact
Salary: Up to £35k pa dependent on experience – Fixed term until November 2022
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- An employer contributed pension scheme (employer contribution 3%)
- Health Assurance
- Death in Service Benefit
- Flexible working hours – home based with some travel requirements
- A supportive and friendly team
- A chance to make a real difference to the lives of young people
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.