The web editor leads on the research, planning, development and implementation of our web content. The web editor will produce high-quality web content that attracts new audiences and provides a predictable experience for our existing families, employees and alumni.
ASL believes in an equitable and inclusive work environment; we seek applicants who demonstrate their own commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout their work and through their relationships with all stakeholders.
The ideal start date would be January 2022.
Summary of major duties
- Create and manage high-quality content for the 2,000+ page ASL website
- Build relationships with internal colleagues and manage a number of on-campus website contributors, providing troubleshooting support, advice and training where necessary
- Creation and management of forms, payment gateways and registration tools
- Supervise visual layout of content; edit, proofread and suggest improvements to written content
- Regularly check and track website content for accuracy
- Daily management of the webeditor email account
- Manage the employee portions of the website including collaboration with the Technology, Information, Literacy, and Media (TILM) department in the management of content stored in a shared all-employee Google Team Drive
- Overseeing constituent data and collaboration with TILM on integration with student information system (Veracross), including management of an annual rollover to ensure accurate constituency roles
- Providing login support to alumni/former community members to gain/regain access to the community
- Lead on delivering SEO best practice
- Comply with copyright and UK privacy and data protection laws
- Determine and track important KPIs
- Track and analyze website traffic
- Produce and present google analytics reports
- Keep abreast with new trends in web technology
- Experience working as a web editor or similar for 3 years
- In-depth knowledge of best SEO practices and tools
- Excellent digital skills and experience with industry standard platforms and software
- Demonstrably strong web management and familiarity with HTML coding
- Substantive organizational and administrative skills
- A demonstrable track record of engaging in professional development and growth in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Proven ability to liaise and collaborate with members of senior leadership, including internal management
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to think strategically as well as practically
- Poise and professionalism while juggling multiple requests and competing priorities
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Team player, sense of humour a plus
- A proven commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of children
This position description is current at the date shown but following consultation may be changed to reflect or anticipate changes in the role that are commensurate with the job title and salary.
The American School in London is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All new appointments will be subject to appropriate checks: Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS enhanced), Disqualification by Association Self-Declaration, Declaration of Criminal Record, checks against the Prohibition List (Teacher Status Checks) including Identity, Address, Date of Birth, a Full Employment History, Right to Work in the UK, overseas checks where applicable, EEA checks, at least 2 references (one with current or most recent employer, where appropriate) and original documentation of Qualifications (where appropriate). For positions into Senior Management a Prohibition From Management Check (s128 Directive) will also be undertaken.
Diversity and equality of opportunity are cornerstone values of The American School in London. The American School in London will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognised protected basis under local law. Read our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement on our website to learn more.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.