The Diocese is seeking to appoint a Finance Manager, who will play a vital role in leading the work of the Finance team in one of the largest dioceses in the country. The Diocese of Leeds covers an area of 2,425 square miles and houses a population of around 2.6 million. The Diocese has a turnover of over £20m and a Balance Sheet in excess of £200m, and has a clear and ambitious five year financial plan. The organisation has an exciting strategy of ‘Confident Christians, Growing Churches, Transforming Communities’, which is the focus of our work as we move forwards.
The Finance Manager will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, including reforecasts together with balance sheet and fund reconciliations.
- Preparation of the draft year end statutory accounts in accordance with the Charities SORP; liaison with the auditors; completion of final accounts for publication.
- Preparation of annual budgets including supporting budget holders with their individual budget submissions.
- Oversight and management of the main nominal ledger.
- Review and authorisation of supplier payments and payroll.
- Daily management of cash flow requirements.
- Management of investment holdings.
- Management and supervision of the Finance Team (4 FT).
You will need to be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA), with excellent communication skills and an analytical approach. You will have proven technical expertise in both financial and management accounting, including statutory accounts preparation. You will have a good working knowledge of budgeting and cash flow forecasting and experience of managing small teams. Ideally you will have experience working within a charity finance function of a multi-million pound turnover organisation but this is not essential.
Additional benefits include:
- 8% non-contributory pension (+ up to 5% matched contribution), flexi-time scheme, hybrid working (50%), 30 days Annual Leave + Bank holidays + Customary days (4 days per year between Christmas and New Year)
The closing date for the vacancy is midnight Sunday 11 July 2021
Interviews will take place on 20/21 July 2021
The Diocese of Leeds is a Living Wage Employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.