The Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families supports distressed children and their families through innovative therapeutic practice and research, training and promoting awareness of mental health issues. In April 2019, the Centre opened its new Centre of Excellence located in King’s Cross.
We are looking for a project manager with a significant track record of working on complex projects to join the newly created UK Trauma Council team to cover the maternity leave of the current project manager.
The UK Trauma Council (UKTC) is a new initiative hosted and convened by the Centre aiming to transform the support children and young people receive following trauma. The UKTC will create a collaborative and integrated forum that can harness expertise from across the UK, distil and disseminate resources, guidance and policy, and thereby improve the experience of children and young people who have experienced trauma. The UKTC will seek to:
- Ensure that children, young people and families have timely access to high quality resources and evidence-based guidance following trauma;
- Support schools, professionals and communities to more effectively tackle the impact of trauma on children and young people;
- Provide local and national policy makers and commissioners with access to research, evidence and guidance to inform the commissioning of services for children and young people who have experienced trauma.
In order to achieve these aims, the UK Trauma Council will focus on three main strategic objectives in relation to children and young people who experience trauma:
- To create a platform that fosters UK wide collaboration around trauma in order to harness expertise and experience across sectors and regions
- To develop and disseminate a growing portfolio of accessible, trusted, evidence-based resources and guidance
- To become a UK hub for learning, training and policy guidance
The post-holder will work closely with the UKTC Co-Directors to coordinate and oversee the entire programme of work. The role will require close collaboration and cross working with all members of the UKTC team as well as members of other teams across the Centre. The role also requires independent working and using initiative, and ability to work in a consultative and collaborative manner. The post-holder will need to show leadership and decision-making ability.
Please apply via the Anna Freud website 'Vacancies' page.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.