Support Assistant - The Assessment Foundation CIC
The Assessment Foundation is a non-profit organisation that supports teachers in their assessment of children in schools in England and Wales.
As a small company, we offer the successful candidate a supportive working environment. We are located in a private office building in the south of Birmingham with good transport links and free parking.
We pride ourselves on our great flexibility and lifestyle-friendly ethos, with regular social events.
Permanent - Full Time/Part Time/Term Time Only
We will accept applicants for a full time, part time or term time only working pattern.
We are looking for a candidate who is available (at a minimum) to work 30h per week during term time. The full-time hours for this role are 37.5h per week. Applicants not available for at least 30h per week term time will not be considered.
We are a family-friendly organisation, and the working pattern can be flexible, but must be agreed with your line manager.
1651 Pershore Road, Birmingham, B30 3DR
Salary and Benefits
£21,000-£25,000 per annum FTE, depending on relevant experience. Staff are entitled to 30 days annual leave FTE, with additional leave accrued for long service.
There is also the opportunity for optional enrolment in the company pension scheme.
Working with the Support Team, the successful candidate will support, train and advise teachers and senior school leaders in the use of the online Incerts assessment system and mobile app. This role might be of particular interest to someone with experience in the teaching profession, or someone with a keen interest in education.
As a small company, we can offer good opportunities for advancement, with many former Support staff taking on additional project work within the company.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- answering queries from school leaders and classroom teachers by email and telephone;
- carefully and accurately processing assessment data for schools;
- using and maintaining internal systems such as the CRM;
- testing of the Incerts system and mobile apps;
- performing any other tasks requested by managers to meet organisational objectives.
- a university degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
- able to communicate clearly, accurately and respectfully
- possess the attention to detail necessary to consistently produce high-quality, professional work
- competent user of PCs and Windows 7/8/10
- competent user of smartphones and tablet devices
- familiarity with modern web systems
- strong experience working with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- a general understanding of how data is managed
- able to learn quickly and independently
- experience in customer service or another public-facing role
- experience working as a part of a team
- the desire to work in a small team
- experience working in a primary school classroom
- degree classification 2:1 or above
- hold a current DBS check
- knowledge and experience of the advanced features of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and their Google equivalents
- experience using CRM systems, preferably Salesforce
- experience working within a small organisation
- able to read, write and speak Welsh
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory references.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 6-month probation period.
Deadline: 12pm on Friday 22nd March 2020
Please submit your CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role, and state your preferred working pattern.
We reserve the right to close vacancies before the specified closing date, should enough suitable applications be received. Rolling interviews will be conducted throughout the application window, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.